NFL: ***2020 NFL Season Thread***

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
I did a third degree sprain to my ankle my senior year of HS to the point where I was told after the fact I probably would have been better off breaking it. I thought I was going to throw up and a long stream of expletives came out of my mouth, and I was definitely emotional as hell. But I did not cry.

And without surgery, it took more than a decade for the ankle to heal somewhat completely.

I was officiating a High school game several years ago where a kid hurt his ankle super bad, and started swearing up a storm ... "MY LEG! MY @#$%^&* LEG!!!" reminded me of that.

(I don't suppose your injury was somewhere around 2006 in southern Iowa?)

Busch__Latte

Sep 17, 2020
Herbert looks really good. I didn't think he would be a good NFL qb but I guess I was wrong.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
If the Chargers could stop having all of their key defensive players get hurt, and stop shanking field goals off of the uprights, they could be pretty good.

Reactions: Acylum

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Why does the NFL refuse to adopt the far superior college overtime rules? Are they afraid to admit that college came up with a better system?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Why does the NFL refuse to adopt the far superior college overtime rules? Are they afraid to admit that college came up with a better system?

I wonder if it's a contractual thing for injury risk vs. extended game time for the risk of a 5 OT situation.

They need to do SOMETHING so there isn't a tie.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Cower is probably going to take heat for his comment on that play. I really don't think he had any racial intent but that's the way it goes.