All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You're schtick has always been that ISU is better at every position group and has better coaches, but somehow Iowa is still the better program in the state.
TECHNICALLY speaking, Iowa State is probably in a better spot than Iowa is right now. We're ranked and have an opportunity to compete for a conference championship, we didn't go through a 3 month investigation for racial discrimination and we're currently not being sued for $20 million dollars due racial discrimination.

• Winner
Reactions: CyPunch and CyTwins

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
TECHNICALLY speaking, Iowa State is probably in a better spot than Iowa is right now. We're ranked and have an opportunity to compete for a conference championship, we didn't go through a 3 month investigation for racial discrimination and we're currently not being sued for $20 million dollars due racial discrimination.

I don't think so. 2020 will always be looked back at as a special year and not taken as seriously as other years. I saw ISU fans saying this after the first game that this season really doesn't matter a whole lot.

Iowa still has a way better recruiting class than ISU and we haven't even seen Iowa play this year yet. Plus, this is the worst Big 12 ever in the history of the conference.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I don't think so. 2020 will always be looked back at as a special year and not taken as seriously as other years. I saw ISU fans saying this after the first game that this season really doesn't matter a whole lot.

Iowa still has a way better recruiting class than ISU and we haven't even seen Iowa play this year yet. Plus, this is the worst Big 12 ever in the history of the conference.
Lol so much fail in this post

• Winner
Reactions: CyPunch

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Lol so much fail in this post
I'd have to imagine that the BIG 12 is at an all time low this season. I don't know what other year would've been worse. At least at this point in the year. Maybe something changes. You have 3 ranked teams and if the Clones lose this weekend it might be down to 2. KSU also lost their QB and really scare no one at this point.

• Dumb
Reactions: CyPunch and JP4CY

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Iowa State's football program is in much better shape than Iowa's right now and I'm not sure how you can even argue against that. Your head coach and offensive coordinator are being sued and you don't even have a S&C coach. Meanwhile we're #17 in the country and a lot of our best players are juniors or younger

• Winner
Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

There's no doubt that this is a weird year and will be remembered differently than others, however the season still matters. If it didn't, Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields wouldn't have fought so hard to get it started.

I think what you saw in Iowa State fans was a coping mechanism in response to a loss. This season obviously matters and you know that but it sounds like you're now setting yourself up to not care if Iowa doesn't do well.

The only thing I agree about in this post is that we haven't seen Iowa play yet. Who knows how they'll end up fairing and their schedule sets them up for success.

The argument that the Big 12 is down is ridiculous because for years we've been told the Big 12 will never be legit until someone else comes out and steals OU's throne. Well, it looks like that's going to happen this year. So it's quite contradictory to now say the Big 12 is bad because OU has gotten beat twice.

• Winner
Reactions: SouthernCy

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I'd have to imagine that the BIG 12 is at an all time low this season. I don't know what other year would've been worse. At least at this point in the year. Maybe something changes. You have 3 ranked teams and if the Clones lose this weekend it might be down to 2. KSU also lost their QB and really scare no one at this point.
Kansas State will stay ranked after beating KU and if they lose to WVU, they could drop out but that would mean WVU would hop into the top-25 at 5-1. OU will likely not lose another game this season and will be ranked after this weekend. Iowa State is not dropping out of the top-25 after losing on the road to the #6 team in the nation and if they win, they'll be close to the top-10 and OSU would not drop out.

This conference is not great by any means but it's far better than you're making it out to be.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

You think this is the worst B12 in the history? I thought 2006 was bad.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Also, with everything going on with Kirk and the program, if Iowa does have a down year, they honestly might pull the plug. Winning is a smoke screen that provides a filter for negativity. Fans will hop off the train quick if they don't produce given the current situation they're in.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
There's no doubt that this is a weird year and will be remembered differently than others, however the season still matters. If it didn't, Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields wouldn't have fought so hard to get it started.

I think what you saw in Iowa State fans was a coping mechanism in response to a loss. This season obviously matters and you know that but it sounds like you're now setting yourself up to not care if Iowa doesn't do well.

The only thing I agree about in this post is that we haven't seen Iowa play yet. Who knows how they'll end up fairing and their schedule sets them up for success.

The argument that the Big 12 is down is ridiculous because for years we've been told the Big 12 will never be legit until someone else comes out and steals OU's throne. Well, it looks like that's going to happen this year. So it's quite contradictory to now say the Big 12 is bad because OU has gotten beat twice.

It's one thing to steal OK's throne when OK is still a top 5 team and it is another thing to do it when they are way down. But kudos to ISU for taking advantage of OK being down so far. This year sets up perfectly for ISU to come out on top. But you have got to admit the Big 12 is probably the worst it has ever been from top to bottom. Big 12 is usually a pretty solid conference with OK being the heavyweight. But this year it doesn't seem like anyone in the Big 12 is a legit top 15 team.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
It's one thing to steal OK's throne when OK is still a top 5 team and it is another thing to do it when they are way down. But kudos to ISU for taking advantage of OK being down so far. This year sets up perfectly for ISU to come out on top. But you have got to admit the Big 12 is probably the worst it has ever been from top to bottom. Big 12 is usually a pretty solid conference with OK being the heavyweight. But this year it doesn't seem like anyone in the Big 12 is a legit top 15 team.
If Iowa State wins @ Oklahoma State, they're a legit top-15 team. And had Kansas State not lost their starting QB, they'd be in the conversation. No, there's not a national contender in the conference (barring OSU going undefeated), but that doesn't make the conference horrible.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Have you not seen the rest of college football this season?

It’s funny, the Big 12 gets slammed for the same thing other conferences get praise for.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

May not want to hang your hat on that recruiting class. It's crumbling and the only viable solution is to clean house.