Prohm Defenders

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Iowa State does not have a large pool of Million dollar donors. When Jamie came here , we had one million dollar donor, now we have 50. But we still cannot afford it, due to the massive loss from covid. Who cares if we go a few years of bad basketball. Prohm may surprise us.

Plus we are going to a big 12 championship game in football and probably open top 10 next year. Very few schools are good in basketball and football. I will always choose football.
Prohm is not going to surprise us with wins

cyclonestunners

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 14, 2011
Wasn't the Wiggs/Lewis class the highest rated? They had some success, but nothing consistent.

Wiggs class was 56th. Halliburtons was 28th, one better than this year. Potential to continue next year with Hunter.

Liam4Cy

Dec 5, 2011
Sioux City, IA
Then you’re the only person to blame. You’re the one that chose to make the bet. No one else. Genius.

Gosh, I’m shocked a team full of new guys, that’s only been able to play two games, that was riddled with preseason injuries in a COVID year, lost to a team loaded with multi year starters and has already played FOUR games —and that’s ranked #3 in the country.

SHOCKED, I tell you! :rolleyes:

Geniuses. Go back and look at the game threads in the football forum right after the Louisiana game.

And shut the **** up until after this team has had a chance to play together and work out kinks.

Freaking dumbass meltdown threads.
I made the bet because it was a lock. Easy money. We were down at half to literally one of the worst teams in college basketball and we were down by 10+ the entire SDSU game. If you want to live in a fairytale land and think that there is a light at the end of the tunnel then you are the one in for a long season.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Please give us a good reason why Steve Prohm should still be the coach at Iowa State. I’ve never placed a bet on the Hawks and I feel sick to my stomach that the biggest bet I’ve ever placed was for the Hawks against my Cyclones.

Because any money that could be spent on a buyout needs to be passed on to the football staff.

• Winner
Reactions: CySmurf

Cyclonefan710

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2012
Please give us a good reason why Steve Prohm should still be the coach at Iowa State. I’ve never placed a bet on the Hawks and I feel sick to my stomach that the biggest bet I’ve ever placed was for the Hawks against my Cyclones.

Yeah that easy money. Idk who the idiots were that were dropping money on ISU bringing the line down

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
There are not many teams this year who can beat Iowa. See them drop Gonzaga soon.
This is a stupid take. There are plenty of teams that can beat them. The NCAA Tournament is a crap shoot and it takes one off night for Garza to get them knocked out. They can beat any team out there, but any team in the top-30 CAN beat them if they play their best that night and Iowa is even slightly off. You have to play defense at some point historically to win the National title. Just go back and look up the champs and their defensive numbers.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
I made the bet because it was a lock. Easy money. We were down at half to literally one of the worst teams in college basketball and we were down by 10+ the entire SDSU game. If you want to live in a fairytale land and think that there is a light at the end of the tunnel then you are the one in for a long season.

I made the same bet. Love my clones, but not betting against them was like throwing money away.

larrysarmy

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Wiggs class was 56th. Halliburtons was 28th, one better than this year. Potential to continue next year with Hunter.
That’s what this comes down to, you have to look at this in a 2 year window with the core of Foster, Hunter, Jackson, Walker, Dubar and Dudley...that’s the core, everyone else supports and fills in. But those represet the future and none of them are leaving for the NBA after 1 season. Prohm’s needs to get them min and develop defensively this season and keep them from transferring. If he can then ISU has a chance next year.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Are there any Prohm defenders? I wasn’t aware there were any left. He should have never been hired, and he should have been run out of town like GMAC was before he signed that last extension. Huge huge mistake by Jaime. I love Jaime but that was a killer.

I forgot there was a game until about 5:00 tonight. I was glad to see some guys trying tonight, effort has been a constant problem since Prohm arrived. We just don’t play hard enough with Steveo at the helm. If we had anyone else I would feel pretty optimistic about this group. It’s really early, they should get a lot better and Iowa is damn good. But we jsut got nobody to coach these guys.

I mean, it’s over for Prohm, just a matter of when Iowa State can afford to fire him, he might just run out his contract. But I have accepted basketball is dead until then. I feel bad for the guys, a good coach could get this group to .500 in the Big 12. I think Harris can play, Lands cant give you like 12 a night or so, you should be able to get something out of Foster by year end and Johnson can play. Get Bolton to guard someone once in awhile and throw in Solomon and that’s enough to get 8 or 9 wins. It’s not a bad group really.

He’s just a real bad fit here anyway, really lacks personality, big ego guy, passive aggressively throws players under the bus all the time, really can’t control a room like most D1 coaches can. The guy just doesn’t understand basketball really well, doesn’t control his players, doesn’t have their respect And for damn sure can’t control a timeout. He is just kind of a dumb guy that let’s the players do whatever. It’s harsh but he just isn’t respected and just doesn’t have any personality to overcome any of that stuff.

I could forgive him for all that, but the real bad thing about Prohm is that he NEVER looks in the mirror and tries to get better at being a coach. This is why everyone loves Campbell, he has no ego and changes things if they aren’t working. We suck in November, maybe we shouldn’t kill our guys from August trough October, let’s try to have some self reflection. Stevo....nothing. Same crap over and over again.

Same high screen pick and roll offense that everyone can defend but Iowa State. Same lack of defending the ball screen, same refusal to ICE the ball screen. He can’t decide if he wants to play in transition or play slow. Can’t decide on a lineup until early March. Guy plays it lIke he is this humble guy but he’s either really stupid or has a really big stubborn ego. And it’s probably both. And for god sake Stevo, get an assistant to help you coach a little bit.