Sane People End of Regular Season Discussion

cyphoon

Sep 8, 2011
I know they were injury plagued, and they improved throughout the season, but we have to shore up the offensive line. OU was getting to Purdy way too quick, and we struggled to get Hall to the second level on running plays.

H

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Definitely a special season that was incredible close to be even more special. Hopefully ISU is in a New Years bowl and this season will be even better. A preseason top ten team more than likely next year means next season could be even better.

cyclones12321

Feb 21, 2009
Newton Ia
We’ve arrived, unfortunately we lost today and it’s depressing but we’ve arrived and I’m pretty sure the whole nation knows it. Felt good to see Campbell freaking out at the refs, it fired me up and I’m sure it did to the players too. We still have a bowl game and already a successful season but let’s put the what could have been behind us and go beat the **** out of our next opponent and carry that into next season for maybe a rematch in the b12 championship game again

hiltonisheaven

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
I think our coaches will learn from this. I'd actually say the coaches heavily influenced two of Purdy's INTs. The one came right as Campbell was losing his mind on the sideline and I think it influenced the focus of the team. The last INT the play call was WAY WAY late coming in so they had to rush. In hindsight, I'm sure Purdy wishes he'd thrown that out of bounds but if the play call came in on time he might have made a better decision.

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
We are a blink of an eye away from beating those bastards 3 times in a row. Looking forward to kicking their ass in Norman next year.... and Texas at home.

Reactions: aauummm

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
That last 3 minutes felt like many where we overcame ourselves.....in fact, I thought we'd score and leave too much time for OU and defense would have to win.

I thought the play before the last the defensive end would strip Purdy from behind.

The games we lost last year we won this year. Just need to continue to grow and hope we can go out in a good bowl with a win.

Reactions: aauummm

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Happy to be in the game after the first half. Blum said we didn’t have to play our best game to win and he was right. Just couldn’t throw three ints, missed fg and give up big gains on special teams.

Last edited:

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
We have to figure out special teams. Our D isn't set up to stop short fields 90% of the game. We were in it until the end, but could have done better. If the coaching staff can learn from their mistakes today, we could be unstoppable next year. One thing Campbell has to figure out is how to come out firing on the first play. Imagine how good we could be if not having to overcome double digits after the first half.

Help Support Us

Become a patron