Random Thoughts 15: Crystal Clear 2021 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Talking to yourself in a Mr. Bill voice is perfectly normal for someone who hasn't had any in person social interaction in 10 months.

Right? :oops:

Reactions: SaraV

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
In a bulk mailing I got one of those SingleCare cards that saves you money on prescriptions.

I have yet to understand how this works, the commercials show you dropping the price of an $80 prescription to about $10. There has to be a catch.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
In a bulk mailing I got one of those SingleCare cards that saves you money on prescriptions.

I have yet to understand how this works, the commercials show you dropping the price of an $80 prescription to about $10. There has to be a catch.
It just tells you what price each place is supposed to have from when I looked at it once.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
In the same bulk mailing there was a large sheet devoted to 50 Shades of Green.
There is a coupon for $80 for 1 oz of Federally legal flower buds. I wonder what that means. Weed isn't legal in Nebraska.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA

The vixen and I got GoodRX cards. We're saving a TON on our prescriptions.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Need to fill the daughters car with gas. Waiting for the market to open to see if I'm on the rocket ship or it is headed up my rear with this gamestop stuff.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Need to fill the daughters car with gas. Waiting for the market to open to see if I'm on the rocket ship or it is headed up my rear with this gamestop stuff.
I just pulled up the 5 day chart. That's crazy. Yesterday it was up to 468 and dropped own to 126. Today it hit 371 and currently at 354.

Watching it steadily drop now

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I guess with the "giving blood" theme, the Blade clip was totally apropos.

I aways picture this when the RTT peeps go blood and plasma talk.

hith-bloodletting-2.jpg

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
They had a mass vaccination for teachers this week here in MN. They had selected a certain number of teachers from various school districts but not every teacher from each district. Apparently some asshat administrators and teachers took it upon themselves to forward their invite to a whole bunch of others so that the slots filled up before everyone selected could get an appointment. In one district they were supposed to have 250 vaccinated. Only 1 got their slot. I have to assume that part of the criteria on who originally got the slots was age so that educators older than 50 had priority. But instead there are a bunch of the young and healthy who got shots while others who might be of higher risk came up empty.

Some ass bags really piss me off.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
They had a mass vaccination for teachers this week here in MN. They had selected a certain number of teachers from various school districts but not every teacher from each district. Apparently some asshat administrators and teachers took it upon themselves to forward their invite to a whole bunch of others so that the slots filled up before everyone selected could get an appointment. In one district they were supposed to have 250 vaccinated. Only 1 got their slot. I have to assume that part of the criteria on who originally got the slots was age so that educators older than 50 had priority. But instead there are a bunch of the young and healthy who got shots while others who might be of higher risk came up empty.

Some ass bags really piss me off.

In the news, there were complaints in Virginia, about the hard push by educators to be added in with the health care workers since they would have a lot of exposure due to the kids. They got added in the same que and got the shots, but now still say they won't do in person classes. If you are going to stay on line, let the elderly and more serious in need people get it first.

Status
Not open for further replies.