Crypto Currency or Weed

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
Can someone come up with a simple explanation of how crypto works. That would be a nice place to start. I can't.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
So its gold or silver?

m0unicornfarts_m_White.jpg

Jammin’

Jul 18, 2009
Ames-Mia-Atx
So its gold or silver?

I’m far from the Winklevoss twins on this, but the way I currently understand it is - Bitcoin pretty much wants to fill the space to be an alternative option to gold. An alternative that is digital and decentralized.

Who knows, there are maybe bigger plans for it, but for know I see it as a digital decentralized gold alternative option that’s pretty volatile currently.

I’ve been in the space for a while but others on here probably know far more.

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
I’m far from the Winklevoss twins on this, but the way I currently understand it is - Bitcoin pretty much wants to fill the space to be an alternative option to gold. An alternative that is digital and decentralized.

Who knows, there are maybe bigger plans for it, but for know I see it as a digital decentralized gold alternative option that’s pretty volatile currently.

I’ve been in the space for a while but others on here probably know far more.
OK. So I know how gold is made.... how is crypto made and what gives it value?

Jammin’

Jul 18, 2009
Ames-Mia-Atx
Ya it’s high af right now.

Man, I’ve totally missed out on cannabis so far. I’m kicking myself. I was all excited to throw some money at some of the early players a few years ago and when the time came, I remember thinking, won’t people just grow their own where it’s legal instead of driving to the shop.....man, I was way off, there’s a lot more to it.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Man, I’ve totally missed out on cannabis so far. I’m kicking myself. I was all excited to throw some money at some of the early players a few years ago and when the time came, I remember thinking, won’t people just grow their own where it’s legal instead of driving to the shop.....man, I was way off, there’s a lot more to it.

Still a good time to buy imo. Federal legalization is the “it’s too late” point.

Reactions: Jammin’

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006

Crypto's are used to purchase shady things on the dark web...and soon buy a Tesla.

I assume value is based on what someone would give or do for it, same as other goods/services/currency. A Bitcoin is valued at $52k right now. From what I understand, the benefits of crypto's are they can't be traced to a certain person when transferred. If you were to transfer funds from one account to another, it can be traced, but transferring a Bitcoin can't. I may be totally wrong about this.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Crypto's are used to purchase shady things on the dark web...and soon buy a Tesla.

I assume value is based on what someone would give or do for it, same as other goods/services/currency. A Bitcoin is valued at $52k right now. From what I understand, the benefits of crypto's are they can't be traced to a certain person when transferred. If you were to transfer funds from one account to another, it can be traced, but transferring a Bitcoin can't. I may be totally wrong about this.

Lots of places accept Bitcoin.

https://99bitcoins.com/bitcoin/who-accepts/

Jammin’

Jul 18, 2009
Ames-Mia-Atx

Oh, I’d love to confidently explain Bitcoin further than a digital decentralized gold alternative that has no middle man but I’d do you a disservice. Seriously, I’m not the man to break it down.

I’ve lost a lot over the years and now gained quite a bit just lately. It will all go away again I’m guessing, but I’ll probably just hold it and forget about it for a few more years.

Here’s a good link that I found-

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehustle.co/how-are-bitcoin-created/

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
Oh, I’d love to confidently explain Bitcoin further than a digital decentralized gold alternative that has no middle man but I’d do you a disservice. Seriously, I’m not the man to break it down.

I’ve lost a lot over the years and now gained quite a bit just lately. It will all go away again I’m guessing, but I’ll probably just hold it and forget about it for a few more years.

Here’s a good link that I found-

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehustle.co/how-are-bitcoin-created/
Thanks !

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
Is anyone into NFTs? I'm thinking about getting into that but first I need some crypto. Not even sure how to get it though.. :confused:

OPButtrey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 21, 2010

Yeah, I bought ACB in 2019 at $94.53. It's now trading at $12.55 so don't kick yourself too hard.