Anyone else hearing that JP has already decided Prohm is coming back?

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Any Iowa State basketball coach will live under the Fred shadow...always.

But success will make that shadow smaller

Just like GMAC didn't live under the shadow of LE, no other coach will live under the shadow of Fred. That will end with the departure of Steve Prohm just like the shadow of LE left with Wayne Morgan.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Die4Cy

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Just like GMAC didn't live under the shadow of LE, no other coach will live under the shadow of Fred. That will end with the departure of Steve Prohm just like the shadow of LE left with Wayne Morgan.

Yeah, I don't think so. This thread is proof of that. It'll be less, but it's not going away.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
I just want to circle back once again to this terrible post. I’m actually worried many fans agree with you and this will only hurt Iowa State’s ability to hire quality coaches in the future. Hoping the way Hoifans treated Prohm was a one off, and they don’t do that for the next coach.
Stop projecting and get over your broken heart. Perhaps have couples therapy with jsb. You two have real Hoiberg issues.

Prohm was treated fairly. He didn’t just become a highly flawed coach this year.

There’s not a place in which the current coach doesn’t get compared to the previous. Unfortunately that comparison wasn’t favorable. Steve has made certain the next one will be.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Yeah, I don't think so. This thread is proof of that. It'll be less, but it's not going away.

We get a coach who starts winning again.......what Fred did will fade away fairly quick. The only way it doesn't is if we get another 4 year GMAC type of stint while Fred starts winning in Nebby. Then I can agree with you.

• Agree
Reactions: cycloneworld

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
I don’t have any Hoiberg issues at all. Get a clue.
Perhaps you’re always this way, that’s true. Change is hard for some. Regardless, you come across as the scorn lover freaking out over others discussing your ex, proclaiming they need to move on as you scratch out their face in all your photos.

Move on. Prohm was treated like a coach that takes a good program and goes 0-17 generally gets treated.

Your desire to pretend there should not be comparisons between successive coaches is putting Fred on a pedestal. Floyd was compared to Orr. LE to floyd, and GMAC to Morgan. No one complained about constantly pointing out the differences between Hoiberg and Greg because it was favorable.

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
Perhaps you’re always this way, that’s true. Change is hard for some. Regardless, you come across as the scorn lover freaking out over others discussing your ex, proclaiming they need to move on as you scratch out their face in all your photos.

Move on. Prohm was treated like a coach that takes a good program and goes 0-17 generally gets treated.
This isn't about Prohm. It's about how there's a segment of the fan base that still hasn't let Fred go and will likely hold it against whoever the new coach is that they aren't Fred.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
This isn't about Prohm. It's about how there's a segment of the fan base that still hasn't let Fred go and will likely hold it against whoever the new coach is that they aren't Fred.
That’s what you scorned lovers don’t understand. It’s always only been about Prohm. He was criticized based on his own flaws. You would think 0-17 would vindicate that. That estranged Hoiberg lover brought up Prohm being treated unfairly.

But yes, there will always be a few of the scorned lovers type like jsb and mynameisjonus that view any and everything in the shadows of Fred. It’s rather sad.

Hoiberg is a valid candidate. To think otherwise is to be emotional about this.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
There was 1 play last night that was just complete trash by Solo. The ball bounced right next to him and he made 0 effort to get it, he should have sat the rest of the game.
we have had this myth perpetuated by the biggest Prohm apologists that the players are giving their all. It’s just not so.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
So Matta's last four seasons were very average, finishing 5th, 6th, 7th, then 10th in the league. What's the consensus on why they fell from elite to meh? I'll probably get roasted for even hinting at the idea that Matta could be anything but a slam dunk, but... I'm at least curious to hear some other petspectives.

Because people love names they know. Craig Smith would be way better than Thad Matta in my opinion. Up and coming coach instead of washed up guy who didn’t finish his career very well and has health issues.

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
I'll believe it when I see it in regards to Matta being named the next head coach. I think Altman is a much more realistic candidate.

Realistic is a stretch for either.

I was oddly entertained by Bosco's "Fred as farm girl gone city" spiel.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
That’s what you scorned lovers don’t understand. It’s always only been about Prohm. He was criticized based on his own flaws. You would think 0-17 would vindicate that. That estranged Hoiberg lover brought up Prohm being treated unfairly.

But yes, there will always be a few of the scorned lovers type like jsb and mynameisjonus that view any and everything in the shadows of Fred. It’s rather sad.

Hoiberg is a valid candidate. To think otherwise is to be emotional about this.

This. Sure, I love the Fred years, but 0-17 speaks for itself.
Two 20 loss seasons speak for themselves. Prohm is a failure whether he followed Fred or anyone else.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
This. Sure, I love the Fred years, but 0-17 speaks for itself.
Two 20 loss seasons speak for themselves. Prohm is a failure whether he followed Fred or anyone else.
Prohm is about to give us the worst season in Iowa States 114 year history, yet people are crying that fans don’t like Prohm because he isn’t Fred. So incredibly stupid.

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
Prohm is about to give us the worst season in Iowa States 114 year history, yet people are crying that fans don’t like Prohm because he isn’t Fred. So incredibly stupid.
I appreciate what Fred did for Iowa State and hold no ill will towards him for leaving and chasing his dreams in the NBA. If he wants to come back and does, I'll be really happy and excited to see Hoiball 2.0.

If Fred stays at Nebraska, I think it's likely that part of the fan base will hold it against whoever the next coach is that they aren't Fred, especially with the rumors flying about him wanting to come back in '19 and now.