Anyone else hearing that JP has already decided Prohm is coming back?

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Has The Mayor indicated he wants to come back?
The basketball season is not even over. Do you expect a press release, or Fred to mention something in an interview or press conference?
It's like it always is, rumors. Some will end up being true, some not.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
I haven't done the research to know for sure, but I'm guessing many coaches have a lower nba buyout than D-1. Likely because ADs are trying to keep other D-1 schools from poaching their coach.

My searches have found a few. But not many. Hoiberg has a large buyout if he wants to leave. And gets to be astronomical if Nebraska terminates. Hoiberg is not going to leave that contract for sure in the short term. Termination by Nebraska would cost 100% of the remaining contract. Hoiberg signed a 10 year contract starting with a base salary of $2.5 Million when he moved there. No Way Hoiberg is walking away from $25 Million guaranteed even if he is a total disaster. No Way Jaime would give that kind of money.

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
Same reason most of the names come up. People want to pick their favorite for the next coach but their knowledge of potential coaching candidates is pretty limited.
With some of the names being discussed we might as well start discussing Phil Jackson because he’s about as likely.

Well, at least Phil is still alive. I'm waiting for John Wooden to be thrown in for consideration. Low buyout.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Like I said yesterday. Watch the @jsb space when CMC goes to tOSU when Day goes to the NFL. It’s going to be hilarious.

It’ll be fantastic! If you think my 2015 act was a mess, wait until that one ;)

Nococy

Jan 10, 2021
Fort Collins Co
Here’s what’s gonna happen. Bookmark it. Tag it. Set reminders in your phone. Steve will be let go around March 17th or 18th and Altman will be hired around April 1st

I’m thinking that it will be announced sometime between tomorrow and before the start of the ncaa tournament that prohm will not be back. all depends on jp wanting to give one last hurrah game(ala mccarney/rhoads)

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott34