Tristan Enaruna Commits

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Yeah he chose us over Creighton. That’s a great recruiting win.

Creighton made the Sweet Sixteen last year and is one of the best programs in the Big East, which is probably consistently the third-best conference in college basketball after the Big 12 and the Big Ten.

That's a pretty significant win right there.

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
Creighton made the Sweet Sixteen last year and is one of the best programs in the Big East, which is probably consistently the third-best conference in college basketball after the Big 12 and the Big Ten.

That's a pretty significant win right there.
They also had playing time to sell, too. I would guess quite a few other programs kicked the tires on Tristan but I'm very glad and excited TJ got him to come to Ames.

Reactions: Sigmapolis

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021

6'8" 215 lb wing transfer from Kansas. 2-3 years of eligibility remaining. Former top 60 recruit out of high school who attended Wasatch Academy in Mount Pleasant, Utah. Born in Almere, Flevoland, Netherlands

Evan Daniels scouting report (2018): Has very good size but just has average length for a wing. A high-major perimeter prospect. Is an impressive athlete that gets off the ground with ease and quickness. Has good shot mechanics and a smooth, easy stroke. He’s also a good passer. The next step in his development is improving off the dribble, as he’s more of a straight-line driver at this stage. Also needs to get stronger.

I am liking this welcome news a lot. Especially in 2021.

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
Who is still hating selection of TJ as coach?
TJ has hit it out of the park so far. A lot of the questions people (including myself) had had less to do with recruiting and more to do with competing with other B12 coaches on game day.

I will say he's surpassed even my wildest hopes to this point, and everything he and his staff have said have made me feel much more comfortable with the hire.

Jkclone15

Nov 19, 2017
My only question on Tristan is that it seems like the rest of TJ's pickups have been gritty lunch pail types, whereas the knock on TE at Kansas was that he seemed too laid back. How's he gonna fit into the culture TJ is building here? Is the thinking that putting him in this environment will change/improve his mindset?

P.S. I'm still really excited about getting him, can't teach his talent.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
My only question on Tristan is that it seems like the rest of TJ's pickups have been gritty lunch pail types, whereas the knock on TE at Kansas was that he seemed too laid back. How's he gonna fit into the culture TJ is building here? Is the thinking that putting him in this environment will change/improve his mindset?

P.S. I'm still really excited about getting him, can't teach his talent.

Need a little silk to go with that grit. He’s a Euro. Don’t try to change the puzzle pieces, figure out how they fit together.