Hawk fans - try to defend this

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Yeah, when I'm depressed I watch the press conference where Iowa hired Steve Alford too... speaking of despicable human beings.

Not going to argue with, Iowa's last basketball coach was a disaster. ISU's version just skipped town, and paid the school 750K to leave.

Do you really watch the introductory press conference of Iowa'a last basketball coach to make yourself feel better?

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
What was said? the post has been deleted

From earlier in the thread:

Some of the folks on the Off-Topic board did a "board invasion" - that's what it was. Seems kind of pointless to me, but someone did start a thread on GatorBait titled "As an athiest, I cannot root for Tim Tebow" - the thread was deleted immediatly and I can assume the individual was blacklisted. Apparently some assclown made light of Stevie Hicks' death on the Auburn board.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
I just went to check it out and from some of the comments made in this thread, someone must have got smart and deleted it. Don't know if I even want to ask what it was about.

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
From earlier in the thread:

Some of the folks on the Off-Topic board did a "board invasion" - that's what it was. Seems kind of pointless to me, but someone did start a thread on GatorBait titled "As an athiest, I cannot root for Tim Tebow" - the thread was deleted immediatly and I can assume the individual was blacklisted. Apparently some assclown made light of Stevie Hicks' death on the Auburn board.
They recommended that Iowa State and Auburn fans find highway bridges to jump off of as a way of killing themselves, and cracked related jokes in a horrifying manner.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
I just went to check it out and from some of the comments made in this thread, someone must have got smart and deleted it. Don't know if I even want to ask what it was about.

Unfortunately, somebody thought it was funny to joke about Stevie Hicks.

I'm sure the original poster is enjoying his refuge from today's cold by staying warm in hell.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Most of the threads that got started during the "invasion" were deleted within minutes of being posted, but I can imagine that if a lot get posted at the same time that it would be hard for the mods to keep up. A few of them were funny, but the majority were in poor taste.

URBCLONE

Mar 26, 2006
Urbandale
Hawk jerks (sorry that is redundant isn't it?) are flooding Jon Miller's show and every other show. Tell me again about how they root for ISU when they are not playing Iowa.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Do you really watch the introductory press conference of Iowa'a last basketball coach to make yourself feel better?

Are you really trolling ISU message boards to make yourself feel better?

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
Tarheel- seriously. Just stop. You ARE trolling. You're doing it in at least two threads simultaneously. What's the point?

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
I'm sorry, I thought this was the in-state rivals forum. I see your point, but it isn't like I'm posting this on the football board.

Ok... So... If we put this in the ISU football forum would you reply on it???

I'm sure we could move it there if it means you wouldn't respond anymore to it.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Ok... So... If we put this in the ISU football forum would you reply on it???

I'm sure we could move it there if it means you wouldn't respond anymore to it.

Probably not, I know you people are plenty pissed off, and have a right to be. I try to keep any "smack" I might have to throw around over here. I figured 3 days would be long enough for Cyclone fans to put the torches and pitchforks down. I was wrong.

cgwarrior33

Mar 27, 2006
Norwalk, Iowa
How would 3 days be long enough for a fan base who was just lied to by someone who was supposed to be building us back to being competitive for division titles?? Its the equivalent of KF leaving IC for some where else after he said he wasn't going to take that job after demoting KOK and NP. We have no OC or DC, no HC. We are afraid the young talent we do have could be leaving along with recruits...I would say still having our pitchforks and torches is ok for us to have right now. Maybe wait until we have a new coach to start stirring the pot a little bit.

URBCLONE

Mar 26, 2006
Urbandale
[/i][/b]

I don't.

Why exactly are you and other members of your fan base on a Cyclone board? Why do you go to Auburn's internet site to rip on ISU? I thought you all were so superior to ISU that you didn't even know the school existed?

BTW - It's spelled oppOrtunity. Another fine example of the trailer trash that makes up the U of I fan base. Let me guess, no degree from Iowa but you've been a huge Hawk fan your whole life?