Hawk fans - try to defend this

Stelrs1995

Apr 17, 2006
Waukee, Iowa
Probably not, I know you people are plenty pissed off, and have a right to be. I try to keep any "smack" I might have to throw around over here. I figured 3 days would be long enough for Cyclone fans to put the torches and pitchforks down. I was wrong.

Well some of us are actually happy to see Chizik leave. I seen this year a team with lots of heart and desire but the coaches were so unorganized and out coached in every game. I welcome the change and hope only that Pollard hires a proven Head coach and no more coordinators.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Why exactly are you and other members of your fan base on a Cyclone board? Why do you go to Auburn's internet site to rip on ISU? I thought you all were so superior to ISU that you didn't even know the school existed?

BTW - It's spelled oppOrtunity. Another fine example of the trailer trash that makes up the U of I fan base. Let me guess, no degree from Iowa but you've been a huge Hawk fan your whole life?

1. I like the back and forth on this board much more than compared to the Iowa boards, which are a lot more predictable.

2. Never posted on the Auburn website, and never have. The Hawk fans that did don't speak for me anymore than you speak for Cyclone fans here, or anymore than they speak for you. If you want to lump me in with the idiots that were making light of Stevie Hicks' death - more power to you as it seems like your mind is all ready made up.

3. Nope, no degree from Iowa - I went into the military after high school, and I'm sorry if that offends you. I have been an Iowa fan since my dad took me to games when I was a kid, so you got that one right.

URBCLONE

Mar 26, 2006
Urbandale
1. I like the back and forth on this board much more than compared to the Iowa boards, which are a lot more predictable.

2. Never posted on the Auburn website, and never have. The Hawk fans that did don't speak for me anymore than you speak for Cyclone fans here, or anymore than they speak for you. If you want to lump me in with the idiots that were making light of Stevie Hicks' death - more power to you as it seems like your mind is all ready made up.

3. Nope, no degree from Iowa - I went into the military after high school, and I'm sorry if that offends you. I have been an Iowa fan since my dad took me to games when I was a kid, so you got that one right.

Re #1 - What no witty arguments among Iowa fans over how many national championships KF will win at Iowa?
#2 - Didn't say you personally, asked why Hawkeye fans in general feel the need to spew their thoughts on every other board? Thought ISU was insignificant and that the majority of you paid absolutely no attention to ISU?
#3 - Not surprised in the least. Thank you for your service to the country though.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Re #1 - What no witty arguments among Iowa fans over how many national championships KF will win at Iowa?
#2 - Didn't say you personally, asked why Hawkeye fans in general feel the need to spew their thoughts on every other board? Thought ISU was insignificant and that the majority of you paid absolutely no attention to ISU?
#3 - Not surprised in the least. Thank you for your service to the country though.

1. That's why I said they're predictable - it's a bunch of people agreeing with each other.

2. Then go ask them - like I said, they don't speak for me. The profile for the poster you speak has been linked in this thread more than once. If it hasn't been blacklisted, it would be better to go straight to the source.

3. Thanks for your backhanded compliment, and for perpetuating the myth that one needs to have gone to a school to be a fan.

URBCLONE

Mar 26, 2006
Urbandale
3. Thanks for your backhanded compliment, and for perpetuating the myth that one needs to have gone to a school to be a fan.

Absolutely no backhanded compliment. I sincerely meant thank you for your service. I have the utmost respect for the military who keep this nation safe. If you don't believe me, fine.

As for perpetuating a myth - I don't care who is a fan. What I have a real problem with is people who have no affiliation with a school other than being a fan ripping on another school where people obtained their degree(s). Would it kill you and others like you to lay off?

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Absolutely no backhanded compliment. I sincerely meant thank you for your service. I have the utmost respect for the military who keep this nation safe. If you don't believe me, fine.

As for perpetuating a myth - I don't care who is a fan. What I have a real problem with is people who have no affiliation with a school other than being a fan ripping on another school where people obtained their degree(s). Would it kill you and others like you to lay off?

I haven't ripped on ISU, the school at all. If you can point out where I have in this or any other thread, feel free to point it out.

URBCLONE

Mar 26, 2006
Urbandale
[/i][/b]

I haven't ripped on ISU, the school at all. If you can point out where I have in this or any other thread, feel free to point it out.

These are your words from a previous post "Probably not, I know you people are plenty pissed off, and have a right to be. I try to keep any "smack" I might have to throw around over here. I figured 3 days would be long enough for Cyclone fans to put the torches and pitchforks down. I was wrong. "

Ok, correct me if I am wrong, but 'smack' is meant to belittle or demean something correct? So, in your own words you came to throw 'smack' at ISU guys 3 days after a fairly bit shot to the guts of ISU fans. Sorry, I don't have any time to go through all of your posts on this site, but I did read through this thread.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
These are your words from a previous post "Probably not, I know you people are plenty pissed off, and have a right to be. I try to keep any "smack" I might have to throw around over here. I figured 3 days would be long enough for Cyclone fans to put the torches and pitchforks down. I was wrong. "

Ok, correct me if I am wrong, but 'smack' is meant to belittle or demean something correct? So, in your own words you came to throw 'smack' at ISU guys 3 days after a fairly bit shot to the guts of ISU fans. Sorry, I don't have any time to go through all of your posts on this site, but I did read through this thread.

And that would be attacking the school and/or the degrees people have earned how?

"You people" refers to Cyclone fans as a whole, and "pissed off" would refer to your football coach skipping town. I don't see that as taking a shot at the school, but apparently you do.

URBCLONE

Mar 26, 2006
Urbandale
And that would be attacking the school and/or the degrees people have earned how?

"You people" refers to Cyclone fans as a whole, and "pissed off" would refer to your football coach skipping town. I don't see that as taking a shot at the school, but apparently you do.

Like I said, I don't have the time to go through all of your posts on this board. You say you don't run down ISU and yet, you admit you came here to run smack three days after Chizik leaves.

Maybe I am just too stupid to understand, but why exactly do you as a Hawk fan feel the need to frequent an ISU board? Yes, I know your pat answer. I guess I simply do not understand the mentality that says "Man, I really want to go have an argument today." Do you go to funerals so you can rip on the deceased in front of their family too? Perhaps you attend you're one of those who get off protesting at the convention of your opponent's political party?

Never have understood the mentality of those who go somewhere looking to stir **** up. I didn't head to Iowa boards to gloat when the Alford/Pierce mess was going on so I struggle to understand what you gain by coming here. For some reason, your fanbase does this more than any of our Big 12 rivals.

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
a co worker of mine made light of stevie on the monday after it happened. he is a hawk fan. i told him that a young man is gone, and you (hawk fan co-worker) think it's cool or funny. that just shows what kind of character you have.

he immediately turned red faced, took to steps backword, and started stammering words. i just turned and walked away.

Hawkeyes89

Dec 17, 2008
Johnston
Losing Stevie Hicks is terrible. I enjoyed watching him and he was my favorite Cyclone. However you cannot group all Hawkeye fans into what one person says. What he/she said is not the feelings of all Hawk fans and to say so is just ignorant. I know some ISU fans personally and if I grouped all ISU fans with 1 fan that I know in particular, I would have a deep hate for all ISU fans which is not the case at all. All in all be mad about what that supposed Hawk fan said, but don't group all fans of a team into what one fan says.