Where Will ISU End Up if the Big 12 Implodes?

Where Will ISU End Up If the Big 12 Implodes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
So, what are you in favor of for ISU? A watered down version of The Big 12? A PAC 10 alliance of some sort?? A AAC affiliation?
All of those are worse options than being in the B1G...
...and you don't seem to even want ISU to make the attempt to get into the B1G.

I would love for ISU to be in the Big 10. I also think there is a good chance of that happening. Not being surprised that Ku makes more money than ISU based on basketball has nothing to do with that.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Big 10 or bust. That’s the ISU CSTM plate on our new VW electric Bus. We might as well start 1000 threads on “ISU to Big 10” because you whiny babies aren’t helping (not that starting a 1000 threads will help but it doesn’t hurt). Could be the last ride for ISU as a relevant football team. Don’t **** us with your negativity while we’re passed out drunk.
I'm on the electric bus. Make no mistake isu to the pac 12 would be a disaster. It was a disaster for Colorado being the easternmost school in a california league. It would be no fun for us there in my opinion.

Us to the big ten needs to happen, they will need to add teams, I don't think they can afford to sit idle either. It would also behoove them to add a real solid football program like ours. We don't bring decades of tradition but we do bring strength as it stands today.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver

From an Ohio State site Iowa State is listed as the third team that would make sense to be added.

If the most powerful program in THEIR league thinks that, it's hard to think it won't be a real possibility.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
What % of Ohio State fans wanted Maryland and Rutgers?

I'm sure most big ten fans liked the idea of Penn state and neb but not Maryland and Rutgers. I know that's how my family who are big ten fans felt.
Probably none. I can't even remember who was seriously considered.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
That's crazy. With all their population base? Guess nobody plays fb out there anymore. Shocking.
NY HS football has always been terrible for it’s population. NJ has been pretty good traditionally. 2021 was also a very good recruiting year in Iowa.

• Informative
Reactions: CascadeClone

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I'm on the electric bus. Make no mistake isu to the pac 12 would be a disaster. It was a disaster for Colorado being the easternmost school in a california league. It would be no fun for us there in my opinion.

Us to the big ten needs to happen, they will need to add teams, I don't think they can afford to sit idle either. It would also behoove them to add a real solid football program like ours. We don't bring decades of tradition but we do bring strength as it stands today.

It’s going to be awesome on so many levels. Step out in the Big 10 dew, my friend.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

From an Ohio State site Iowa State is listed as the third team that would make sense to be added.

If the most powerful program in THEIR league thinks that, it's hard to think it won't be a real possibility.

It's definitely a positive when we are the best looking addition of the realistic ones. I really don't see OU, UT or Notre Dame being that.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Big 10 or bust. That’s the ISU CSTM plate on our new VW electric Bus. We might as well start 1000 threads on “ISU to Big 10” because you whiny babies aren’t helping (not that starting a 1000 threads will help but it doesn’t hurt). Could be the last ride for ISU as a relevant football team. Don’t **** us with your negativity while we’re passed out drunk.
Don't drink and drive! Haha I know what you mean, and agree.
@deadeyededric is just hurting right now. He will come back home. Let’s uplift and support through the bad times some of us are having right now.
I like your softer side! :)

LAClone

Apr 26, 2010
I'm trying to remain optimistic. There's a chance we'll end up in the B1G (best for the team), and probably less of a chance we'll end up in the PAC-12 (great for me).

It would probably behoove all of us, however, to start mentally preparing for the worst. Yes, there are chances that we'll stay at our current level or maybe even end up in a better spot. But there are very real possibilities that we end up in some Zombie Big 12, a lesser conference, or maybe even independent.

At the end of the day, we are Iowa State. And as any fan who has been around for longer than five years knows, luck has generally not been on our side. (Which, at least in my experience, makes our victories all the more rewarding).

Last edited:

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011

Well, when the first 2 are completely unrealistic OU and UT I would say that's pretty good. So I've seen fan sites from OSU, Penn St., and Wisky all write articles speaking highly of ISU joining their conference. That's really surprising honestly.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Well, when the first 2 are completely unrealistic OU and UT I would say that's pretty good. So I've seen fan sites from OSU, Penn St., and Wisky all write articles speaking highly of ISU joining their conference. That's really surprising honestly.

(puts tinfoil hat on and throws **** at the wall)

Maybe someones planting those to butter the fans up

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
"We're the largest university in "(.........)" he said. "We're stronger than we've ever been before competitively. We're on the cusp of the College Football Playoff. We've got great momentum right now."

Which school AD stated this?

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
(puts tinfoil hat on and throws **** at the wall)

Maybe someones planting those to butter the fans up
x-files-truth-is-out-there-gif.gif

jc4cy

Jun 8, 2015
Iowa
I’ve got this all figured out... I don’t know why they haven’t called me yet (maybe this has been mentioned before):

1. OU and Texas go to the SEC to give them 16 teams. They are a part of the SEC west with TAMU, Arkansas, Mizzou, LSU, Ole Miss, and Miss St.

2. West Virginia goes to the ACC where they belong, the ACC then adds Cincy or UCF to give them 16 teams.

3. Okie State, KState, KU, and Tech go west to form the new Pac 16. They become part of the “East Division” with Arizona, ASU, Colorado, and Utah.

4. Iowa State goes to the Big Ten (now called the Big 16 AKA B16) along with Notre Dame to give them 16 teams. West division: ISU, Iowa, Nebraska, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Northwestern, Purdue. East Division: Ohio State, Michigan, MSU, PSU, ND, Indiana, Maryland, Rutgers

5. Baylor and TCU head down to the Mountain West or AAC. Sorry TCU. Suck it Baylor.

I could see ND staying independent in all of this, I could also see them having a bidding war and going to the ACC (then the ACC adds them instead of Cincy or UCF). In that case, KU goes to the newly formed B16 instead, and TCU their spot in the Pac 16s east division. Baylor can still suck a fat one.

Welcome to the “Power 4” era of college football.

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
I’ve got this all figured out... I don’t know why they haven’t called me yet (maybe this has been mentioned before):

1. OU and Texas go to the SEC to give them 16 teams. They are a part of the SEC west with TAMU, Arkansas, Mizzou, LSU, Ole Miss, and Miss St.

2. West Virginia goes to the ACC where they belong, the ACC then adds Cincy or UCF to give them 16 teams.

3. Okie State, KState, KU, and Tech go west to form the new Pac 16. They become part of the “East Division” with Arizona, ASU, Colorado, and Utah.

4. Iowa State goes to the Big Ten (now called the Big 16 AKA B16) along with Notre Dame to give them 16 teams. West division: ISU, Iowa, Nebraska, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Northwestern, Purdue. East Division: Ohio State, Michigan, MSU, PSU, ND, Indiana, Maryland, Rutgers

5. Baylor and TCU head down to the Mountain West or AAC. Sorry TCU. Suck it Baylor.

I could see ND staying independent in all of this, I could also see them having a bidding war and going to the ACC (then the ACC adds them instead of Cincy or UCF). In that case, KU goes to the newly formed B16 instead, and TCU their spot in the Pac 16s east division. Baylor can still suck a fat one.

Welcome to the “Power 4” era of college football.
Don't mind it for ISU at all in this scenario. My only issue is that it's like a lot of futuristic hollywood films. It reads too much like there's coherent unified leadership in charge. My gut is that the reality is going to be a lot more chaotic and less organized.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
Thank you for that, I think. I agree with your assessment but of course am not thankful for the way college football or college athletics is going.

I guess it is too much to ask for the government to step in, if they haven't up to now. But this feels much different to me. They need to now. The NIL is probably a good place to start. Did everyone see this as it seems to be turning in to? Start with the NIL and place some limits so the bigger schools can't get an unfair advantage. Giving financial reward to the athletes is fine but the way this is looking is too much and an immediate red light.

Apart from that, someone needs to step in to fix what is left before it is all too late. I guess we have to wait a little to see how crazy it gets. Already the TX, OK, And all the other State legislators from the Big 12 step children will be on alert and may soon be working overtime.
Agree. Let's not forget the supreme court merely interprets the law when making a decision. If the law is 'open' for interpretation, that ambiguity blame falls on our lawmakers. In summary, they've been sitting on their butts too long on this stuff. Especially because it involves federal education.

Reactions: t-noah

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
I'll always have my ISU shirts and koozies.