GameDay Guest Picker

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
This is literally the first I have heard of this, but it appears he simply referred an out-of-state company to Reynolds for supplying Iowa’s testing supply. Is there anything more to the story? Because that is objectively not bilking the state out of money.
Again it wasn't my opinion, but it was a no bid contract of dubious legality.

Reactions: ashmore

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
First, i LOVE that we get to have a debate like this....guest picker frustrations and thoughts...means we are hosting Gameday and i would love for us to be the opponent at another school's gameday.

I watch a lot of Gameday and while there may be a team tie, it always seems the "celebrity" has some type of national level of recognition.

I LOVE Georges and WE all know he'd be great on the mic and such, but i also recognize that most of America wouldn't know him from his ISU days or his role as an NBA bench player. Same with a guy like Seneca....WE all love "the run" and what he did for us, but to most of viewers they wouldn't be "wowed" by an NFL journeyman.

Honestly, pure ISU right now/relevance I'd think Tyrese or Lazard would be the most relevant as they are both current pros with some name recognition.

Here is a list I found and you'll notice basically well known athletes (past or current ties to school), celebrities with a tie to a school, or random musicians. https://gamedaycole.com/archival-picks/

Reactions: CYdTracked

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
If it's the first you've heard of it, you're way behind. Crooked deal with Test Iowa. Company he worked with bilked several other states the same way.
I don't know but I am really bilked by having this dooshcanoe on our nationally televised show.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
I unsubscribed from the cave to avoid political jabs like what you guys drug into this. Not surprised to see it's some of the cave regulars that drug this into here either.

I mean, you could just ignore those posts. I usually scroll past posts if they are of no interest to me. Sounds like you're making it more of an issue than anyone else.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
First, i LOVE that we get to have a debate like this....guest picker frustrations and thoughts...means we are hosting Gameday and i would love for us to be the opponent at another school's gameday.

I watch a lot of Gameday and while there may be a team tie, it always seems the "celebrity" has some type of national level of recognition.

I LOVE Georges and WE all know he'd be great on the mic and such, but i also recognize that most of America wouldn't know him from his ISU days or his role as an NBA bench player. Same with a guy like Seneca....WE all love "the run" and what he did for us, but to most of viewers they wouldn't be "wowed" by an NFL journeyman.

Honestly, pure ISU right now/relevance I'd think Tyrese or Lazard would be the most relevant as they are both current pros with some name recognition.

Here is a list I found and you'll notice basically well known athletes (past or current ties to school), celebrities with a tie to a school, or random musicians. https://gamedaycole.com/archival-picks/
David Montgomery is a lot more recognizable than Lazard right now. He’s a second round fantasy pick in most drafts so people all over the country pay attention to him.

Help Support Us

Become a patron