Question for Safety Razor Users

ISUcyclones11

Dec 11, 2014
Ankeny, IA
Is a beard not an option?

Just saying this because my friend has this problem, but not everyone grows a full beard! My...ahem...his beard is really just some stubbles so you constantly have to razor off the hair so you don't look like a 17 year old trying to grow his first beard.

Again this is my friend's problem and not mine.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
my favorite I've found so far, has more natural ingredients than most

I use double edge safety razor about half the time and the harry's razor half the time.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
This stuff usually lasts me a year.
Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Shaving Cream Bowl, 5.3-Ounce

The stuff above is hard and takes a little practice to use the right amount of water to get a good consistency.

I like the peppermint AOS stuff but it's too expensive and gets used too fast.

Reactions: Acylum

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I use to use Feather blades for my face and head. I still use Feathers for my face but they are just too aggressive for my head.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I shave the neck and head in the shower. Gets the whiskers nice and soft when I shave at the end

Really don't need much more than a cheap cream or soap.
Agree. When I shave. It softens up the whiskers. Worst is not being able to see so I do it by feel and take a quick look when I get out

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
giphy.gif

• Wow
Reactions: Acylum

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Just saying this because my friend has this problem, but not everyone grows a full beard! My...ahem...his beard is really just some stubbles so you constantly have to razor off the hair so you don't look like a 17 year old trying to grow his first beard.

Sounds like you need a new friend...

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA

You can tell your friend that a beard continues to "come in" through a man's 40s. I could only pull off a mustache and goatee until about 30. Then it finally filled in enough on my cheeks that I could do a full beard by like 35.

• Optimistic
Reactions: ISUcyclones11

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Safety razor, soap, cup, brush,and single-edge blades probably costs about ~25% of cartridges and canned shaving cream. For the same results.
Got my grandfathers mug and soap brush from 100 years ago, but I’ve joined the 21st century. :rolleyes:Also have his straight razor, too. Like to see you use it.:rolleyes:

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
Last thing then I'll let you get back to shaving. It actually helps it look thicker to grow it longer. Not ZZ Top or anything, but a 1" beard will look fuller than stubble because that extra volume of hair helps visually fill in any thin spots. I have a full beard that looks fine, but looks bad as stubble because my cheeks aren't full enough when the whiskers are short.

Last edited:

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Last thing then I'll let you get back to shaving. It actually helps it look thicker to grow it longer. Not ZZ Top or anything, but a 1" beard will look fuller than stubble because that extra volume of hair helps visually fill in any thin spots. I have a full beard that looks fine, but look bad with stubble because my cheeks are full enough when the whiskers are short.
I have probably 20 body hairs. A beard is out of the question.

• Haha
Reactions: besserheimerphat

Help Support Us

Become a patron