Big 12 football news and super amazing playoff contender meow ksu thread

JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
Houston, TX
General thread for other Big 12 teams.

This seems surprising to me. Bohanon seemed like a really good QB

@JusHappy2BeHere Is this a surprise for Baylor fans?
Sort of. They are both very good. We wouldn't have been Big XII or Sugar Bowl Champions without them both. I feel bad for Gerry. He's a really good kid and played better last year than I thought he could. Shapen is the real deal though, and Aranda isn't the kind of guy to go 1 and 1A

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009

Does anyone have their QB coming back? Is Spencer Sanders the only returner anywhere? Shough maybe, if he wins the job.

Texas at 2 to 1, give me a break, they're 6-3 at best in conference.
OU has an entire new staff so that's a wildcard. So does TT and TCU.

I see a lot of teams with potential, but with major questions too.

Reactions: Roseclone07

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Does anyone have their QB coming back? Is Spencer Sanders the only returner anywhere? Shough maybe, if he wins the job.

The think with Texas is that they should always have the paper talent to win the conference, but do they have the will to do it?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

OU will still be OU. I think it’s pretty wide open though.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I think after OU and Okie st it will be wide open. 3-9 could be anyone. I think Iowa St and K State surprise people.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I think after OU and Okie st it will be wide open. 3-9 could be anyone. I think Iowa St and K State surprise people.

Losing Breece is going to be huge but I think it's a different situation when you are starting out coming off Fiesta Bowl win and people picking you to win conference. That was completely unprecedented territory for ISU and even though Campbell is probably the best coach for that situation, it's a challenge.

Texas being average and then the nation expecting them to be magically awesome is the opposite of unprecedented, that's an annual thing.

Reactions: heitclone

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
When it comes to preseason conference standings predictions, Texas is to the Big 12 as Nebraska is to the Big 10. They've both been a joke.

I wish the AP ranked all programs every week (instead of just 25) so we could track how overrated Texas is every season, as in literally overrated by the main ranking. I bet they would DOUBLE the next closest team in terms of average drop from beginning to end of each season.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I wish the AP ranked all programs every week (instead of just 25) so we could track how overrated Texas is every season, as in literally overrated by the main ranking. I bet they would DOUBLE the next closest team in terms of average drop from beginning to end of each season.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
@CFB_Hype
Big 12 Spring Football Power Rankings:
@USATODAY

#1 Oklahoma
#2 Oklahoma State
#3 Baylor
#4 K-State
#5 Texas
#6 West Virginia