The “We Will” Collective

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Also include 2000/2001 were pretty good football teams with bowl games, and 1999 was very much a 'they're *this* close' type of season.

Getting Iowa certainly got the attention, but Iowa was even worse than ISU during that stretch and I'd guess consistent winning overall made a huge difference too.

ISU's football attendance has been astronomical the last several years and we're looking at it being almost a decade since ISU has beaten Iowa.

I think ISU football needed to become a 'thing' the last few seasons like late 90s/early 2000s KSU or something to maybe have a chance here and it didn't happen.

Well said. That is the reality of the situation and it can be argued that it needed to happen much earlier than that in retrospect.

We lost this battle in the Chizik and Rhoads eras. Now it’s too late.

• Dislike
Reactions: Cyclad

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Well said. That is the reality of the situation and it can be argued that it needed to happen much earlier than that in retrospect.

We lost this battle in the Chizik and Rhoads eras. Now it’s too late.

Needed to be just a bit better there and the current era, while good and reliable for a bowl and competing, needed to be dominance with less ****ing around.

There was a touch of that at the end of the Covid year but last season was back to 'what's missing here?'.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Anyone know what’s been happening with the collective? I’ve seen a few updates on social but was hoping this would be a little more transparent and active.

Cyrealist

Sep 25, 2013
Needed to be just a bit better there and the current era, while good and reliable for a bowl and competing, needed to be dominance with less ****ing around.

There was a touch of that at the end of the Covid year but last season was back to 'what's missing here?'.
In my opinion, our team chemistry allowed us to compete above our weight level in the Covid year and we won several close games. Last year was more back to reality and we lost some close games. I think we're still on a good trajectory. After 40 years of (mostly bad) Cyclone football, I's extremely happy that we're competitive. I never expected us to be Alabama.

Reactions: NWICY and madguy30

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
In my opinion, our team chemistry allowed us to compete above our weight level in the Covid year and we won several close games. Last year was more back to reality and we lost some close games. I think we're still on a good trajectory. After 40 years of (mostly bad) Cyclone football, I's extremely happy that we're competitive. I never expected us to be Alabama.
We beat Alabama...crooked refs.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
BMW and Mercedes dealerships about to be opening up shops in a college town near you! When are they opening in Ames?

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
The $100K+ cars on campus from international students was INSANE when I was an undergrad. Is that still a thing?

It is in CBus. You better have a custom paint McClaren if you want to get any ass in the dorms as an international student.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Anyone know how much money has been raised by this?
No clue. Haven’t seen a single update since my initial donation. I think this thing should be a 3 man team run like a legit business but it’s just not. They can learn a lot from the fundraisers from the various ISU colleges

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
I swear I remember ISU athletics or Cyclone Club tweeted about a player portal that they will have to enable fans or companies to contact student athletes for NIL opportunities but I can't find it now. This would have been a month or two ago.

clonefreek

Jun 24, 2009
ames
No clue. Haven’t seen a single update since my initial donation. I think this thing should be a 3 man team run like a legit business but it’s just not. They can learn a lot from the fundraisers from the various ISU colleges
I haven't seen anything either, I am guessing its not much considering they struggled to get to their minimum number of donations.

mitchforcy

Dec 1, 2009
I haven't seen anything either, I am guessing its not much considering they struggled to get to their minimum number of donations.
They need to hire people who’s job is fundraise, plan events, and run the day to day. Trying to do those things effectively with a day job is basically impossible.

• Agree
Reactions: ForbinsAscynt
Status
Not open for further replies.