University of Iowa has the worst football fans AND Coaches?

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
No it's perfectly fine to throw full beers at people as long as you don't intend to hit a pregnant chick in the head. Duh.
I'm not condoning throwing beers. I would obviously prefer they not be drunk idiots. They shouldn't have thrown beers no matter what preempted it.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
I said the following:

"I don't believe for a second that someone threw a full beer at a pregnant woman's head."

I didn't say she didn't get hit in the head. People were throwing beers at the guy and she was an unfortunate victim.
"Officer, I didn't mean to shoot her, I meant to shoot the guy sitting 10 feet away" isn't the defense you think it is.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I don't believe for a second that someone threw a full beer at a pregnant woman's head.

I don't believe for a second that someone threw full beers at the OP's girlfriends's face.

I don't believe for a second that someone was throwing batteries.

Someone throwing trash on the field because they're upset at the officiating is not the same thing as throwing something at X. (To be 100% clear I do not condone throwing *anything* on the field)

I don't believe for a second that some sports personality who most people have never heard of then had death threats made to his wife and that she was also doxxed because of some innocuous comments he made. Like where do people come up with this ****?
The personality you're talking about hosts one of the most popular CFB podcasts out there and there's literal proof of Kayce Smith getting hit in the head with the full beer can. She even talked about it yesterday.

Also, are you purposely trying to gaslight by saying Iowa fans don't chuck stuff on the field? Lol I mean there's a picture from last year of a Purdue player chugging a Bud Light on the field.. And they beat the piss out of you so it definitely wasn't aimed at the refs.

The play where X dog walked your all american corner, the can was thrown in between Moss and X, while the ref was not even close. So were they throwing it at Moss? Doubtful, but who knows, your fans boo'd Petras off the field 50% of the game I wouldn't put it past them to chuck stuff at their own players.

Last edited:

exCyDing

Nov 29, 2017
I said the following:

"I don't believe for a second that someone threw a full beer at a pregnant woman's head."

I didn't say she didn't get hit in the head. People were throwing beers at the guy and she was an unfortunate victim.
Gotcha. Pregnant women should avoid Hawkeye fans because they're throwing beers, as they are wont to do.

I think you're missing the point that he was doing a bit because Hawkeye fans are well-known for throwing full beers at opposing fans. How did they get this reputation? Well, maybe by throwing beers (among other items) at opposing fans.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
I don't believe for a second that someone threw a full beer at a pregnant woman's head.

I don't believe for a second that someone threw full beers at the OP's girlfriends's face.

Someone throwing trash on the field because they're upset at the officiating is not the same thing as throwing something at X. (To be 100% clear I do not condone throwing *anything* on the field)

I don't believe for a second that some sports personality who most people have never heard of then had death threats made to his wife and that she was also doxxed because of some innocuous comments he made. Like where do people come up with this ****?

I didn't say no one has had beers thrown at them or that they're making everything up. I have no doubt that it's happened and it's unfortunate that some people can't control themselves. It clearly happened on that video and regardless of what prompted the beer throwing it was unacceptable.

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
The outrageously fictional world would be some of the stories in this thread from your fellow fans about things that never happened. It's one thing to hate another team but some posters are flat out lying in here and the rest of you are eating it up.
when in IC after the Seneca game, we had urine and drinks poured on us from balconies. when we hosted high school friends in Ames we would gather and be able to jovially go out after the game, when in IC we were barely able to go out when Iowa won and nearly impossible if Iowa lost as our hosts were too sullen to be able to compartmentalize.

Reactions: 2speedy1

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
The two posts you bolded are not mutually exclusive. I can believe his GF didn't get full beers thrown at her face while also believing that full beers have been thrown in other instances.
He's more likely than not telling the truth based on the mountains of evidence showing THE SAME EXACT BEHAVIOR from your fans.

Cfinnerty16

Visual Analytics Czar
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
West Des Moines
The two posts you bolded are not mutually exclusive. I can believe his GF didn't get full beers thrown at her face while also believing that full beers have been thrown in other instances.
Wasn’t my girlfriend. It was a group of girls we were with, wearing ISU gear. Probably 7 beers thrown at us if I remember right. 2 girls got hit right in the face. Rest of us got beer all over us because some were open.

exCyDing

Nov 29, 2017
So Hawkeye fans are generally known for throwing full beers at opposing fans, but they're classy enough to not intentionally throw them at pregnant women? That's a pretty low bar.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com

Not this year, but Iowa City is the only place I’ve had full beers, including glass, and also balls of raw hamburger launched into the crowd at our tailgate is Iowa City. One year a guy even had to go get stitches. Most of my crew won’t even go anymore.