CR Gazette calling for transparency from Ferentz

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I just assumed Doyle signed a NDA when he got that fat payout to go away. I suppose he could have showed up and just didn't answer any questions.
I don't think ndas cover illegal activities, not sure what the scope of the questioning is though

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
If you are truly innocent, I'm not sure why you would go to such lengths to delay the process and not talk. I get there is some legal posturing here, but refusing to talk seems odd to me.

From an outsiders perspective, it appears that the Ferentz's can't get out of their own way (again) and are stubbornly digging in thinking they can outlast any opposition. The whole thing feels gross to me.

Reactions: JimmyChitwood

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
If you are truly innocent, I'm not sure why you would go to such lengths to delay the process and not talk. I get there is some legal posturing here, but refusing to talk seems odd to me.

From an outsiders perspective, it appears that the Ferentz's can't get out of their own way (again) and are stubbornly digging in thinking they can outlast any opposition. The whole thing feels gross to me.
If you can't answer questions under oath about why you aren't a racist, you are likely a very big racist.

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020
To be fair, they are in the middle of a football season. My guess is the timing of the lawsuit was designed for media to take advantage of this angle. Until they're legally compelled to show up, they wont and they especially wont during the season.

Reactions: JimmyChitwood

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
To be fair, they are in the middle of a football season. My guess is the timing of the lawsuit was designed for media to take advantage of this angle. Until they're legally compelled to show up, they wont and they especially wont during the season.
They have delayed for over a year. The judge granted them a delay during last season to accommodate their schedule. They still never showed after the season was over and now won’t show until a judge rules on their motion to dismiss the case.

Reactions: VeloClone

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
That was their excuse last year to get their depositions pushed back. Then they were able to get removed from the lawsuit. Now they are re-added to the lawsuit. It's only been about delays with them. Ferentz's attorney basically said Kirk won't sit until he has immunity.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

Dude went to court over landscaping. He's a control freak.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I don't think ndas cover illegal activities, not sure what the scope of the questioning is though
NDAs do not prohibit you from testifying in court.

I suppose Doyle could plead the 5th if his own actions were being questioned and if they would involve criminal civil rights violations

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
NDAs do not prohibit you from testifying in court.

I suppose Doyle could plead the 5th if his own actions were being questioned and if they would involve criminal civil rights violations
Given he was the public fall guy for all the initial allegations, I would expect quite a few questions regarding his actions. In fact, I would go far as speculate that Doyle could be the deciding factor in how much this blows up (if at all).

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015

Good lord what is this presser lmao

Also he literally can't defer to the HC, since he doesn't answer to the HC. To skirt around state laws against nepotism, Brian answers directly to Barta.

Except that Brian doesn't really answer to Barta. What a joke. And because the media doesn't dare call them out for it, they're an even bigger joke.