Hunter Dekkers' Season

gocy444

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
Ames, IA
If you take Brock's career at ISU out of the equation, Hunter Dekkers is on pace to set the following ISU single season records based on 13 games (don't be silly we're making a bowl this year):
  • Passing Yards
  • Passing TD's
  • TD's responsible for
  • 300 Yard Passing Games
  • Passing Completions
  • Completion %
All of this behind a subpar offensive line and running game. I get that the game has changed in the last 10-20 years, but we are asking a first year QB to do almost everything for the offense with little help outside of X. I for one am very excited to watch Hunter's career unfold as the game slows down a bit and we hopefully add some sort of running attack. I get stats aren't everything, but man we are being hard on a guy who's really only played in 10ish games of D1 football.

Last edited:

gocy444

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
Ames, IA
I'm going to give OP a little latitude. The title wasn't good but the point he made was interesting.
If I could go back 10 minutes from now I wouldn't have used this title. Not sure anyone even read after that...

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
If you take Brock's career at ISU out of the equation, Hunter Dekkers is on pace to set the following ISU single season records based on 13 games (don't be silly we're making a bowl this year):
  • Passing Yards
  • Passing TD's
  • TD's responsible for
  • 300 Yard Passing Games
  • Passing Completions
  • Completion %
All of this behind a subpar offensive line and running game. I get that the game has changed in the last 10-20 years, but we are asking a first year QB to do almost everything for the offense with little help outside of X. I for one am very excited to watch Hunter's career unfold as the game slows down a bit and we hopefully add some sort of running attack. I get stats aren't everything, but man we are being hard on a guy who's really only played in 10ish games of D1 football.

Are we being hard on Hunter or is it more Tom Manning? I don't have any issue with how Hunter has played. He is making mistakes that the typical QB lacking a lot of experience will make.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
12fc94bf-aceb-462a-80dc-48c58c1b16db_text.gif

gocy444

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
Ames, IA
And interceptions in the red zone??
No great, Bob. Also doesn't help when you have zero ability to run the ball near the end of the field. Hunter has been far from perfect, but get some more things going on offense and look out.

Reactions: BigCyFan

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Everyone always remembers the Robin and not the batman.