"Work Spouse"

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I have a 40 year old coworker (who is married) that always tries to make it a thing that he has a "work wife" and always ends up being an attractive gal in her early 20's. He's generally a pretty nice guy and we get along well, but I've always found it creepy.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I feel like this would get in the way of my general policy of being willing to leave a job at lunch and never come back if things go south

Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Wait, is it not ok to be scheduling physical 1on1s in your home office (aka bedroom with a desk)?
this your office?

2UrnUjH.jpeg

diaclone

Apr 16, 2006
Metro Omaha
I have a 40 year old coworker (who is married) that always tries to make it a thing that he has a "work wife" and always ends up being an attractive gal in her early 20's. He's generally a pretty nice guy and we get along well, but I've always found it creepy.
That is creepy, if one has to declare it and"claim someone" to be the work spouse. Sounds like the guy is self-centered and egotistical.

I've been on a gazillion project teams and the best "work spouse"friendships develop organically. Even with that many teams, I've probably had "two work spouses." Both times I was on the development side and the others were on the business/user/customer side.

Reactions: Jer