*** Official IOWA STATE vs Oklahoma State Game(Day) Thread ***

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines
A McDermott-style hiring away of Campbell would be fine and dandy. We know what we get with Campbell: character and poor attention to details, and worst of all stubbornness to change. I’d be more excited for just about anybody to coach this team, than to watch Campbell’s school girl excitement after we get another defensive stop, followed by unmitigated ineptitude on offense with no hope of success.

In style, this feels like the beginning of Prohm’s ending. A man that can’t manage a staff/roster. The transfers and recruiting misses have already started

IFA Cyclone

Nov 20, 2021
Same ****** OLine since Campbell has been here. Still say it's amazing what Montgomery and Breece did here.
I agree..: just makes them look even more amazing after the fact. Now that we don’t have an NFL caliber RB our offense is being exposed for what it really is. Everyone bashing Dekkers but he’s a first year starting QB that’s attempted the most passes in the Big 12 without any sort of run game. He’s not free of blame because today was bad but I’m not ready to give up on him yet.

bustamoveisu

Sep 8, 2012
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHSHSBSBSHAHAHhHahaha
Dekkers isn’t the problem. His receivers dropped several big time throws today. Our TE’s and Rus are not involved in the offensive game plan and defenses know that. Running plays are telegraphed and we get into too many 3rd and long situations.
I assume you're family, but Dekkers is a problem.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
1) Does anyone know if Manning is responsible for all the offensive calls (or at least a normal amount of decisions)?
2) If he is, he needs to go
3) If he isn't, Matt needs to release him and allow him to prove what he has without interference.
4) If Matt can't do 2 or 3, Jamie needs to have a serious discussion in the offseason.
JP is busy building Cy Town

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
Dekkers isn’t the problem. His receivers dropped several big time throws today. Our TE’s and Rus are not involved in the offensive game plan and defenses know that. Running plays are telegraphed and we get into too many 3rd and long situations.
He's not perfect but people wayyyyy underrate his ceiling in what's basically a lost year. I think it's pretty obvious he can make some really really impressive throws, and we're not doing anything this year anyway. Maybe he figures it out.

Open competition in the off-season but I wouldn't be shocked if he won that.

cyclo120

Apr 11, 2006
Campbell won’t fire Manning but he can at least demote him to O Line only and bring in a new OC that isn’t part of his click. His goodwill to hire his buds has to be over.

Reactions: khardbored

clone1990

Apr 14, 2008
A McDermott-style hiring away of Campbell would be fine and dandy. We know what we get with Campbell: character and poor attention to details, and worst of all stubbornness to change. I’d be more excited for just about anybody to coach this team, than to watch Campbell’s school girl excitement after we get another defensive stop, followed by unmitigated ineptitude on offense with no hope of success.

In style, this feels like the beginning of Prohm’s ending. A man that can’t manage a staff/roster. The transfers and recruiting misses have already started
In this scenario I think Manning is similar to Prohm. People just can’t seem to accept he is in over his head. Unfortunately one of those people is his buddy.

Reactions: cyclonehomer