Iowa/Swarm Split?

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

isured

May 14, 2014
Iowa Swarm Collective has reported on out on KXNO Morning Rush that thier goal is $10m.

Cyclone fans need to get on board now with donating to WE Will Collective or going to be tough to keep or attract key players in future.
Its not ISU Athletics but ours to keep the program going if we expect to compete in future. Even a small donation makes a significant difference

• Creative
  • Agree
Reactions: isufbcurt and SCNCY

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Iowa Swarm Collective has reported on out on KXNO Morning Rush that thier goal is $10m.

Cyclone fans need to get on board now with donating to WE Will Collective or going to be tough to keep or attract key players in future.
Its not ISU Athletics but ours to keep the program going if we expect to compete in future. Even a small donation makes a significant difference

It's neat to have goals.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids

10 million what? Dollars total? Base pay for players?

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I guess I kind of get it if I'm Iowa. It's probably not a coincidence that schools with seedy histories are the ones jumping in feet first here. At some point I have to imagine the NCAA takes up the connectivity between the schools and the NIL collectives, and I'd have to imagine if that connection is drawn a T19 lawsuit would be coming. Some schools are, I'm sure, willing to roll the dice on that, just like they've rolled the dice on compliance issues in the past. Some schools probably aren't, which I also get.

You have to imagine the shoe is drop on this at some point and I can see wanting to make sure you are on the right side of the argument when it does.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
He said $10 mil annually for players would be a reasonable # to keep up with Nebraska.

I don't see Iowa being able to pull that kind of money annually. This is why so many people like myself believe that if you survive the next few years this will all settle down. When these donors start seeing a zero ROI on NIL deals the money flow will slow down.

Last edited:

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I don't see Iowa being able to pull that kind of money annually. This is why so many people e like myself believe that if you survive the next few years this will all settle down. When these donors start seeing a zero ROI on NIL deals the money flow will slow down.
I think it’s possible to maybe likely NIL donations are at their peak right now. Someone posted a tweet earlier showing Miami as one the the top 5 schools with outgoing transfers. IIRC, they’re the school that had a single donor give every scholarship football player $100,000. If you have 20 of those guys leaving every year he’s going to think twice now.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Kirk's only plan is staying coach until he gets to a .600 win percentage so he's eligible for the college football Hall of Fame.
He is currently 197-136 (.5916). Assuming 13 games per year he needs three straight 9 win seasons to get to .600. If he draws a tough schedule, that could be questionable.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Listened to KXNO this morning. Who is the guy running the Iowa collective, and what's his background?
Brad Heinrichs was a four-year letterwinner on the University of Iowa golf team and graduated with degrees in Actuarial Science and Economics in 1997. In addition to being the CEO of SWARM, Brad has served as the President/CEO of Foster & Foster Consulting Actuaries, Inc. since 2005. Foster & Foster is a national actuarial consulting firm which provides employee benefits consulting services to entities who serve the greater good, such as teachers, police officers, firefighters, etc. Brad enjoys the challenge of building a successful business, as indicated by his success in increasing revenues at F&F by over twentyfold during his time as CEO. In 2018, Brad independently rescued and revitalized Rem-Tronics, a struggling aerospace manufacturing firm in NY and ultimately sold to a private equity firm after the company had stabilized and become profitable. Brad has also served on the Financial Allocations team for the local United Way in Lee County, Florida, and has a keen eye for charities who run their operations the right way. Brad currently resides in Fort Myers, Florida, and is a member of the Paradise Iowa Club.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I think it’s possible to maybe likely NIL donations are at their peak right now. Someone posted a tweet earlier showing Miami as one the the top 5 schools with outgoing transfers. IIRC, they’re the school that had a single donor give every scholarship football player $100,000. If you have 20 of those guys leaving every year he’s going to think twice now.
Now do Texas A&M

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
10M annually? Say there are 500 total student athletes (pure estimate) across all sports, That's 20,000 per player on top of all the crappy benefits they already get like full scholarship, room and board, travel to competitions, extra tutoring, dedicated training facilities and training staff members, and front of the line academic advisement. I feel bad for them, time to dig deep and pay them so much more. I mean we pay professional athletes obscene amounts of money for what they contribute to society, well past time to do the same at the college level.

The college sports train wreck is currently in the "considering the need to hit the brakes in hopes of avoiding the pile up" phase.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
10M annually? Say there are 500 total student athletes (pure estimate) across all sports, That's 20,000 per player on top of all the crappy benefits they already get like full scholarship, room and board, travel to competitions, extra tutoring, dedicated training facilities and training staff members, and front of the line academic advisement. I feel bad for them, time to dig deep and pay them so much more. I mean we pay professional athletes obscene amounts of money for what they contribute to society, well past time to do the same at the college level.

The college sports train wreck is currently in the "considering the need to hit the brakes in hopes of avoiding the pile up" phase.
He said Swarm would be FB, MBB, WBB focused.