Iowa/Swarm Split?

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
100%. Just pay them. At least the NCAA could step in an develop actual rules and caps.

All these collectives do is give big time boosters a great way to launder money and a new avenue for tax breaks because the IRS was starting to crack down on 'donations' to athletic departments. College sports is going to better off when these collectives are dead and buried.

With all of this money these P5 schools are raking in,(and the NCAA) they should force them to pay their athletes and ban NIL. Every P5 school budgets the same amount of money by rule. Pay every athlete the same. Football player makes the same as women's cross country runner. Athletes become student employees, pay taxes, etc...etc... Non P5 schools pay out lower amounts, but pretty much have the same rules. NCAA should be required to fund every Div 1 school a certain % of money to pay athletes.

It will never happen though. Not sure how much longer I will even care.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
With all of this money these P5 schools are raking in,(and the NCAA) they should force them to pay their athletes and ban NIL. Every P5 school budgets the same amount of money by rule. Pay every athlete the same. Football player makes the same as women's cross country runner. Athletes become student employees, pay taxes, etc...etc... Non P5 schools pay out lower amounts, but pretty much have the same rules. NCAA should be required to fund every Div 1 school a certain % of money to pay athletes.

Kevin Warren is working on something like this as we speak and I agree with you. If anyone warrants extra money then they can be paid by any collective or NIL deal. The money the AD gets should go back to the players in some way. They don't need to build locker rooms with arcades and pool tables. Give that money to the players.

• Optimistic
Reactions: JM4CY

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Kevin Warren is working on something like this as we speak and I agree with you. If anyone warrants extra money then they can be paid by any collective or NIL deal. The money the AD gets should go back to the players in some way. They don't need to build locker rooms with arcades and pool tables. Give that money to the players.

I think that players that take “NIL”/“Collective” money should not get scholarships. Choose your own path, but it has to be one or the other. An athlete thinks they can hustle for more than the value of the scholly then go for it.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA

If the NCAA would have done ANYTHING remotely close to this before it went to the Supreme Court then they could have regulated it better and put caps in place on how much gets paid out. Instead they did nothing and you have what is going on now which is basically a free for all with little to no rules in place. It's setup to benefit the rich fan bases that were probably already doing some of this under the table and now they can just do it in the open legally without consequences.

My fear is how much donor money gets shifted from AD contributions to NIL collectives which will negatively impact AD budgets if revenues decline. It will force them to increase ticket prices and donorship levels to compensate which will eventually price out some fans. I would be all for the NIL stuff to be administrated through the AD with some kind of NCAA oversight instead of 3rd party organizations as it would clear up some of the grey areas and red tape that goes on now.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron