***Official 2024 Weather Thread***

Turn2

May 12, 2011
Clusterfunkeny
Pretty sure we have gotten more rain in the last 10 days than we did all of last year.
I'm in Ankeny and I'm below normal for the month of April, unless we get an inch tomorrow. Much of SE Shelby, Audubon, Carroll and Greene Counties have had a drier than normal April. Benton County has as well.

1714428339204.png

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
... Officials believe the tornado in Minden was a "very strong" EF3, which can have wind speeds of up to 165 mph, according to a preliminary report. Evidence shows it started about 3 miles east of McClelland and intensified, widening "to approximately 800 yards as it impacted the town of Minden."
NWS believes the storm itself produced several vortexes, with evidence indicating some areas in Minden sustained damage from an EF1 tornado just 100 yards from where the higher wind speeds struck. The tornado continued northeast for about 45 miles, throwing at least one home off the foundation and overturning a semi before narrowly missing the town of Defiance. At one point the tornado was estimated to be a mile wide, the NWS said.
Damage from other tornadoes was reported in multiple counties from Crawford to Union and Ringgold up to Polk and Jasper counties. At least six were rated EF2, including the one that struck Pleasant Hill in the Des Moines metro.
Damage is still being evaluated, and NWS says additional tornado tracks and ratings will be added in coming days. ...

• Informative
Reactions: BigCyFan

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
Talk of large hail reminds me of one of the techs that used to work at the control tower I was at. His daughter had been living in Oklahoma, I think, or maybe Kansas, and the Suburban she was driving was caught in a massive hailstorm. Her dad took the SUV as his work vehicle & had it at the tower most days … that thing looked like the Baseball Furies gang from “The Warriors” had pummeled that poor Suburban with baseball bats for hours. It was more dinged and dimpled than a golf ball.

• Wow
Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron