Former Texas HC, now assaulter, fired

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
"I got you, I got you, I got you..."
mwbwoSE.gif
Still not as good as the one where he runs away after looking all confused.

Also, I haven't been keeping up with this the past week. When was he officially fired? Today?

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
So does Chris Del Conte survive the mess he created? Sounds like the administration is at odds with the AD. Del Conte supported Beard and told players Beard was innocent. University Lawyers said whether he would be charged didn't matter, it was his conduct. This has to be a black eye to the Texas AD.

Reactions: cyclone1209

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
The initial police reports sounded pretty bad and girlfriends later statements just sounded self-serving to preserve her relationship with Beard or she got paid.

That or prior instances of domestic abuse came out. Maybe ex-wife or ex-girlfriend reached out to UT about other acts of violence.
I have a sense that some of the historically accepted douchebaggery won’t be tolerated going forward in society

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway

Following Beard’s termination, Minton released a statement.

“Chris Beard is crushed at the news he will not be coaching at the University of Texas. At the outset of Coach Beard’s suspension, The University promised they would conduct an independent investigation surrounding the allegations and make a decision regarding his employment only after they had done so. They proceeded to terminate Coach Beard without asking a single question of him or his fiancée. Since the arrest, there have only been positive developments clearly demonstrating his innocence. Additionally, it is my opinion shared by others that any potential charges against Coach Beard will be declined very soon. This is in addition to the statements made by his fiancée that emphatically state that the original reports were inaccurate. I am concerned that the University of Texas has made a terrible decision against the interest of the of the University, based on Twitter feeds and editorials –and not the facts concerning a truly innocent man. The University has violated their agreement with the coach and we are devastated.”

Last edited:

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
So does Chris Del Conte survive the mess he created? Sounds like the administration is at odds with the AD. Del Conte supported Beard and told players Beard was innocent. University Lawyers said whether he would be charged didn't matter, it was his conduct. This has to be a black eye to the Texas AD.
Yikes....

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
When there are photographs of bruises and bite marks I'd have a hard time writing this line (from Milton)
" I am concerned that the University of Texas has made a terrible decision against the interest of the of the University, based on Twitter feeds and editorials –and not the facts concerning a truly innocent man. "

Even if there was a bit of self defense it sounds bad to me.

• Agree
Reactions: jmb and nrg4isu

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
To those who seem to think this took too long.... I don't know what the rush would be. They suspended him immediately, people investigated, the lawyers looked things over, they fired him. I'd rather they did it right than quickly.
As nasty as it is to admit, I'm not sure UT could've played their hand any better start to finish. Every move they made was the right one.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
100% and Sark has drastically underperformed in football too.

nrg4isu

Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
As nasty as it is to admit, I'm not sure UT could've played their hand any better start to finish. Every move they made was the right one.
Strong disagree:

Beard should have been fired nearly immediately. He absolutely dug himself a hole that was far too deep to climb out of, regardless of the details of what happened. As soon as Texas could gather the police report with the pictures of bite marks, it should have been over.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Strong disagree:

Beard should have been fired nearly immediately. He absolutely dug himself a hole that was far too deep to climb out of, regardless of the details of what happened. As soon as Texas could gather the police report with the pictures of bite marks, it should have been over.
Nope. UT cannot open itself up to a lawsuit by making a rash decision. They just can't. So, what did they do?

1.) They instantly suspended Beard, without pay, without access to the team.
2.) They seemed to form some sort of group to investigate this stuff on the side, on their own. This involved their own legal team and the police, I'd imagine.
3.) After spending a few (fairly short, over-holiday) weeks gathering info, they quickly made the decision to let Beard go based on that data.
4.) They apparently gave Beard the option to go peacefully, which he declined. They then followed that up with firing him for cause and then publicly mocking him for it after.

This all adds up to me. They handled it perfectly from a legal liability standpoint, and even retained to viewpoint of a moral high ground for firing him at all.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Disagree completely. CDC supporting Beard is a bad look.
CDC isn't the school legal department and it quite literally is his job to support his coaches. Sure, that's wrong in this case, but it's not like his commentary is a surprise. This is why the legal department went against the ADs messaging. The AD isn't in charge here.

Now, should Texas do something separate about CDCs actions...I personally think so.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
When there are photographs of bruises and bite marks I'd have a hard time writing this line (from Milton)
" I am concerned that the University of Texas has made a terrible decision against the interest of the of the University, based on Twitter feeds and editorials –and not the facts concerning a truly innocent man. "

Even if there was a bit of self defense it sounds bad to me.
Yes, but you are not an attorney being paid big bucks to be Beard's advocate. Minton clearly has no concerns about being fair or just or factual or anything else other than advocating for his client. I'm sure he would happily write virtually anything on Beard's behalf. That's what shitbag criminal defense attroneys do--and no, I'm not suggesting that all criminal defense attorneys are shitbags.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron