Recruits & Transfers

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Of course, but getting any of those top guy seems like a big if. Getting more than one seems highly unlikely.
Meanwhile, Kevin Dresser:

hold-my-beer.gif

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
You mean like getting the #2, 10 and 19 or whatever it was like last year?

Time will tell, but nabbing 2 of 3 won’t surprise me.

Or getting a kick ass transfer. Winky face.

Money talks and the crtc puts isu in the game with the big boys finally

Me likey Winky face

ST8TAILG8R

Jul 10, 2017
With all due respect to Kraisser, I still cannot believe ISU didn't find a shoo-in All-American transfer at 157 to train with Carr this year. It needs to happen. Humphrey from Lehigh or Franek from NDSU would be high on my list to poach.

ST8TAILG8R

Jul 10, 2017
With all due respect to Kraisser, I still cannot believe ISU didn't find a shoo-in All-American transfer at 157 to train with Carr this year. It needs to happen. Humphrey from Lehigh or Franek from NDSU would be high on my list to poach.
Or pull some semi-random Rockstar out of Cuba... or Russia... or Iran (ok maybe not Iran).

Reactions: fireclone

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
You mean like getting the #2, 10 and 19 or whatever it was like last year?

Time will tell, but nabbing 2 of 3 won’t surprise me.

Or getting a kick ass transfer. Winky face.

Money talks and the crtc puts isu in the game with the big boys finally
Money put us in the game with Wick and Suriano too, but it didn’t result in us landing them. Reading your posts we would have thought they were sure things.

We’re in the game for sure. Landing 2 of those 3 would be absolutely amazing and we’d be set up as a trophy contender for the next 4-5 years.

Casey was the only guy in the top 10 last year. MJ was like 15th or so. So, we’ve go what 2 top 10 guys in the last decade. One legacy and one that wasn’t too 10 when he committed, but then improved. I’ll hope we can get 2 in one class, but not holding my breath.

Tigerguy_

Sep 26, 2020
Money put us in the game with Wick and Suriano too, but it didn’t result in us landing them. Reading your posts we would have thought they were sure things.

We’re in the game for sure. Landing 2 of those 3 would be absolutely amazing and we’d be set up as a trophy contender for the next 4-5 years.

Casey was the only guy in the top 10 last year. MJ was like 15th or so. So, we’ve go what 2 top 10 guys in the last decade. One legacy and one that wasn’t too 10 when he committed, but then improved. I’ll hope we can get 2 in one class, but not holding my breath.
Link to where I said they were sure things.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA

I think the program is starting to get more momentum which helps us get these top recruits. Landing 1 would be fantastic, 2 would be best case scenario and probably a bit of a long shot, but it’s more likely now than before the season started because of the fun product and success our guys have had on the mat. Like I said earlier, keep the fundraising going and a long shot becomes plausible and just continues to get us closer to being to a top 5 program again challenging for trophies year after year

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
a
I think the program is starting to get more momentum which helps us get these top recruits. Landing 1 would be fantastic, 2 would be best case scenario and probably a bit of a long shot, but it’s more likely now than before the season started because of the fun product and success our guys have had on the mat. Like I said earlier, keep the fundraising going and a long shot becomes plausible and just continues to get us closer to being to a top 5 program again challenging for trophies year after year
i don’t disagree. 50/50 we land 1 of the 3. Less than 10% we land 2. Just reality of the difficulty landing these types of recruits.

Reactions: stuclone

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Thanks for posting that I never said you said that. Only that it was implied by your posts.