***#3 Iowa State vs. #20 Illinois (Sunday, noon)/B&B***

Bugjuice

Apr 6, 2022
Jefferson Iowa
He's not ranked (CR), has a win% below .500 (5-7), and doesn't currently have enough matches to be eligible for RPI.

He'd have to win Wednesday and go 3-0 or 4-0 at LCO, and even then he's probably on the outside. With his schedule, he might get in the top 28 of RPI. Can't get to a .700 Win%, and likely isn't going to be in the CR top 28 with an 8-7 or 9-7 record.
Record is 8-7 I believe

Since63Cyclone

Sep 1, 2017
Did anyone else think it was super loud yesterday? I don't know if I've ever been in the past when they had this but was surprised at the overall volume.
Was really disappointed as a long time ticket holder to not be able to sit in our normal seats!!
Yes the music was crazy f…..g loud - almost un bearable - kinda ruined the atmosphere of our teams doing so well -sure drowned out the crowd!!

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Did anyone else think it was super loud yesterday? I don't know if I've ever been in the past when they had this but was surprised at the overall volume.
Very loud. Almost ear piercing actually set off the noise warning on my wifes apple watch a couple of times from the music.

Was really disappointed as a long time ticket holder to not be able to sit in our normal seats!!
Yes the music was crazy f…..g loud - almost un bearable - kinda ruined the atmosphere of our teams doing so well -sure drowned out the crowd!!
They needed to figure something out to address the seating for ticket holders. It ended up being a cluster for a lot of people. We ended up getting some seats by a couple young kids and their parents that hadn't been to a dual before. Ended up taking them up to the landing to get David's autograph and picture along with Coleman and Casey. I'm still in amazement at how well everyone on the team is with fans, especially young kids. Seeing kids faces just light up and getting to interact with the wrestlers even for a quick moment makes you step back and appreciate how lucky we are to have them here at Iowa State.

4theheckofit

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2013
Dunno about everyone else, but the slow country songs blaring really got me in the mood to kick someone's @$$!

BirdOfWar

May 3, 2010
Central Iowa
Very loud. Almost ear piercing actually set off the noise warning on my wifes apple watch a couple of times from the music.

They needed to figure something out to address the seating for ticket holders. It ended up being a cluster for a lot of people. We ended up getting some seats by a couple young kids and their parents that hadn't been to a dual before. Ended up taking them up to the landing to get David's autograph and picture along with Coleman and Casey. I'm still in amazement at how well everyone on the team is with fans, especially young kids. Seeing kids faces just light up and getting to interact with the wrestlers even for a quick moment makes you step back and appreciate how lucky we are to have them here at Iowa State.
I was definitely disappointed with the seating. It was packed by the time my son and I were able to get there and we luckily found a couple spots in the lower bowl but it was not an ideal situation.

I'm curious if music during gymnastics events is normally that loud? My assumption was they would only play music during a floor routine but I really have no idea.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
The seating was a god damned cluster f*ck. They should do it again based on the size of the crowd but they need to figure something out to have it be more structured and communicate this better to those that attend how it’s set up.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
I'm curious if music during gymnastics events is normally that loud? My assumption was they would only play music during a floor routine but I really have no idea.

There's usually background music going the whole time, with separate music specifically for FX routines.

However, that's definitely the loudest I've ever heard the "background" music for gymnastics, by a few notches.

• Informative
Reactions: BirdOfWar

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
Several season ticket holders had no idea this was general admission seating, came at their usual time to find their seats occupied. Between that and the cord fiasco with the radio the usher in my section had his work cut out for him.
I have never been a huge fan of this event . The music was extremely loud and several people around me were complaining. Also lots of compaints about the long lines for concessions and how few concession stands were open. I also felt bad that Marcus and Sam wrestled their last match at Hilton at this event.

Reactions: Land Shark

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Several season ticket holders had no idea this was general admission seating, came at their usual time to find their seats occupied.

Do they have the internet? E-mail?

The info was e-mailed, posted on cyclones.com (with a map/diagram), and appeared on multiple social media feeds.

Reactions: Tailg8er

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
I have attended Beauty & the Beast events in the past & wrestling season ticket holders were able to sit in their assigned seats. I think the wrestling mat was moved to a different area this year. The email that said all the seats would be general admission came out pretty late & obviously not everyone got the message. I saw numerous disgruntled wrestling fans come in later & found their seats were taken. I understand their frustration.

I also agree that the music was excessively loud. Had to be pretty tough for the wrestlers to hear the whistles, refs, or coaches. I would like to hear what the Illinois team thought about it. (Definitely would have to inform the other team about the format)

The event definitely brings in a crowd, so hopefully positive changes can be made if they try this again in the future.