On That Note: I Want to Hit That High/Drop It Low, Girl

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006
Any talk about countertenors has to include The King's Singers. This is a beautiful take on Billy Joel's And So It Goes.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Going to use a couple tenor singers from some all time great country quartets as examples.

Jimmy Fortune from the Statler Brothers has some great high range for a male singer. Using a video of him as a solo artist as I love the harmonies in this version. The gal is Sydni Perry who is currently Carrie Underwood's backup singer

Joe Bonsall for the Oak Ridge Boys can really get up there too. Probably some better examples of his range when he's singing the high harmony parts but this is probably my favorite ballad he sings lead on

I'll throw 1 more in the mix while I am at it, Jamie Dailey from Dailey & Vincent can hit some high notes as well.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Ann Wilson of Heart has such warmth in her lower register but has incredible range with a powerful high register.

EDIT: I can't believe that nobody pointed out that I initially erroneously put Nancy Wilson rather than Ann Wilson here. What an epic fail.

Last edited:
Reactions: SerenityNow