Lexi Donarski entering transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

iowast8fan

Aug 3, 2006
Ankeny
Obviously there's lots of speculation around Fennelly and if he's retiring or if something else is happening behind the scenes, but for the sake of me looking for a more positive outcome, let's say Bill does retire, who do we think we could get realistically?
I think ISU would have a LOT of great options. Fennelly is the 2nd highest paid coach in the big12 and our fan support is off the charts for women’s basketball.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
During the Big 12 semifinal game I said to DH, this probably will be the last time we see them play live, mostly meaning Ashley and because we wouldn't host NCAA. Weather led us to leave Sunday morning for home and watch the final game on TV. How unfortunately prophetic I was.

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020
well if that happened, and I sincerely doubt it, she would definitely throw out the theory that it was because a teammate gets all the glory and attention. They are getting key starters Marshall and Martin taking their super senior years, besides. Why would Hawk fans even think they need her?
we can clearly tell Kylie gets no playing time.....the only reason she transferred to Iowa is because she wanted to be on the same team as CC, since they played AAU together.....what does Kylie average in minutes a game? Maybe 6?

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Obviously there's lots of speculation around Fennelly and if he's retiring or if something else is happening behind the scenes, but for the sake of me looking for a more positive outcome, let's say Bill does retire, who do we think we could get realistically?

If I was JP I would bring in Chris Kielsmeier from Cleveland State. He's an Iowa State grad and you would have to think he would be in for the long haul.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
After the senior night game against Texas Tech I saw a Michigan State van parked at Texas Roadhouse. Something didn't sit right with me then

I agree. That was my first thought. Too much smoke right now. Sincerely appreciate everything Bill has done and he took this program to unprecedented levels, but it's clearly time for new blood.
This is becoming very Ferentz like. But he hasn't had that many surprising transfers like this one is.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
If I was JP I would bring in Chris Kielsmeier from Cleveland State. He's an Iowa State grad and you would have to think he would be in for the long haul.
I'd take the Creighton coach. Gets them in the NCAA, and beat both us and Iowa w/Clark last year.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclones8824

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
From what I saw this year Lexi had ample opportunities to score driving to the basket and from the 3 point line.
I agree. I didn't mean to imply that she wasn't allowed to shoot. I just think guarding the best player on the other team every night for 35 minutes takes a toll and has a negative effect on your offense. She seems like a very driven player who I am sure would like to have performed better on offense this year.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
I would be surprised if she didn’t go to Iowa or OU. She might’ve been the one that heard about every mistake while others never did

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020
If you don’t think Fenn is going to try to pull a Bill Snyder and try to insert his son as his replacement. I want whatever you’re on.
Bill doesn't get any say in that and do you really think JP would follow through on that? All Jamie has to do is look East and see how well Iowa football is doing with their nepotism

Reactions: acoustimac
Status
Not open for further replies.