Stansbury Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Good luck to Jared, gonna miss him around here!

No reason to doubt him or CW that it's on his terms and amicable, you just rarely see someone quit their job (particularly a college sports job right before football season) without knowing what's next/having something lined up. Maybe CF just paid so well he's able to sit on his fat stacks having fun for awhile.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
I've really enjoyed listening to your familiar voice and reading your articles over the years, Jared. Listening to you and Woody break down our football games each week was always my favorite podcast.

You're a very talented young man and, although I never knew you personally, you seem like a wonderful person. Thanks for all you've given to the Cyclone family and I wish you all the success in the world!

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I don’t know the story, but I know that it isn’t common to announce you’re leaving a job on social media mid week and not say where you’re heading to next unless it was unexpected

Oh come on. It’s not like this was the first the people that matter have heard of it.

It’s a little odd he’s leaving now vs the beginning of the summer, but I’m sure the people that needed to know knew before yesterday. We did not need to know.

• Winner
Reactions: Cyientist

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I don’t know the story, but I know that it isn’t common to announce you’re leaving a job on social media mid week and not say where you’re heading to next unless it was unexpected
The fact that him and Woody just started a new podcast two weeks ago makes me think this wasn't in the works for very long.

That doesn't mean there was anything nefarious at foot, but you don't start a new pod if you plan on leaving, and your bosses wouldn't green light a new pod if they were unsatisfied with your work product and considering terminating you. Whatever lead to this decision, by whomever made it, had to have happened pretty suddenly/quickly.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
The fact that him and Woody just started a new podcast two weeks ago makes me think this wasn't in the works for very long.

That doesn't mean there was anything nefarious at foot, but you don't start a new pod if you plan on leaving, and your bosses wouldn't green light a new pod if they were unsatisfied with your work product and considering terminating you. Whatever lead to this decision, by whomever made it, had to have happened pretty suddenly/quickly.
Good points. And, of course, it doesn't have to involve nefarious actions on the part of the employer or employee. Sometimes it is just "here is where the road divides", occurring at a somewhat unexpected moment.

Reactions: jcyclonee

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Good points. And, of course, it doesn't have to involve nefarious actions on the part of the employer or employee. Sometimes it is just "here is where the road divides", occurring at a somewhat unexpected moment.
My assumption is some kind of external/personal life reason popped up unexpectedly and lead to a change of heart on Stanz's part and everyone at CF totally understood. Happens every day.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona

It's actually very common. For instance, Andy Staples left his job at the Athletic in May and didn't announce where he was headed until July 1st.

This seems to happen with every single media transition. They'll announce they're leaving on one date then a few days/weeks later they'll announce they've joined another place.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman and Pat

mitchforcy

Dec 1, 2009
It's actually very common. For instance, Andy Staples left his job at the Athletic in May and didn't announce where he was headed until July 1st.

This seems to happen with every single media transition. They'll announce they're leaving on one date then a few days/weeks later they'll announce they've joined another place.
Those guys usually have their next gig mostly lined up in advance regardless of when they announce it.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
I wish you the best in your future Stanz. Jared’s articles on Men’s Basketball have always been so far ahead in quality and knowledge of every other article written by anyone else on CF about mbb, that he will be sorely missed. Enjoyed your comedic relief on podcasts too.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Those guys usually have their next gig mostly lined up in advance regardless of when they announce it.

That's true in many cases, most people don't like the idea of leaving a job without having another one in hand already.

Just pointing out that media people don't tend to have the announcements that they're leaving and where they are going in the same tweet/article/podcast and oftentimes that second announcement doesn't come for quite a while.

Reactions: mitchforcy
Status
Not open for further replies.