Ames Lager

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Local Craft Cellar had it in stock on Tuesday.
+1 just grabbed a flat and some Cy Vodka.

There were 3-4 more flats [plus some in the fridge there. IDK if more in the back.

First time I have been there, nice place. Grabbed some Cody Road too.

Reactions: huntt26

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Cyclone liquor sold out! I’ll try tomorrow. What a fun campaign for We Will
I assume these first couple batches are going to go quick and then supply will ramp up and initial excitement will ramp down and it will be easier to find. I still think it will always sell well. I know West O recently installed a lot more capacity

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Where you gonna be? I’m sure someone here would be happy to grab an extra myself included.
I appreciate the offer; I'll probably reach out to my old college buddies to keep an eye out for me since I'll grab something to eat with them. If not, I'll be in ames next week to prepare for the UNI game. I can do some beer hunting then.

Reactions: MJ29

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Decided to stop by the N Ankeny Hy-Vee over lunch and I'm glad I did. They are almost out. I bought 2 sixers and there were maybe 5 left total. The manager checked me out and I asked him if that was all he had left and he said it was and he didn't know when they would be getting more. He said it seemed like every other customer was buying 2 or 3 of them today. I think the word is out about Ames Lager.

BACyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2011
Reinbeck, IA
+1 just grabbed a flat and some Cy Vodka.

There were 3-4 more flats [plus some in the fridge there. IDK if more in the back.

First time I have been there, nice place. Grabbed some Cody Road too.

I love LCC. They will split any craft beer into singles if you ask. Which is great if you want to try several different kinds but don't want a 4pk of everything. And the selection is as good as anywhere. Just remember, they are cashless.

MushroomPinball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2017
Anybody have any updates on the Ames Hy-Vees or Fareways? It seems Cyclone Liquors is sold out. Would Wal Mart carry it? I also don't need anything right away and am assuming that there will be more shipments so when will the next round be available in stores?

Cfinnerty16

Visual Analytics Czar
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
West Des Moines
Anybody have any updates on the Ames Hy-Vees or Fareways? It seems Cyclone Liquors is sold out. Would Wal Mart carry it? I also don't need anything right away and am assuming that there will be more shipments so when will the next round be available in stores?
Walmart typically doesn’t carry craft beers from Iowa. You’d have better luck with Fareway, Hyvee, & local liquor stores