FYI - Screen shots will no longer work for ticket entry at games

danvillecyclone

Dec 8, 2011
How about having one scan for as many tickets you have? I had 6 of us in a group. It didn’t take me very long but I was prepared after waiting 45 minutes.

One scanned barcode should get all of your tickets in at once. (As long as everyone is with the ticket holder).

Would cut a major amount of time.

Or is that too logical?

Reactions: JRCampy

5Cy

Jun 26, 2015
I had no issues. Downloaded my ticket to my apple wallet earlier in the week. Walked up to the South gate at 12:20 and waited in line for about 30 seconds before I scanned my ticket via NFC and walked right in. Seems the issue was lack of planning by people who didn’t know or thought they’d be fine to download their tickets while in line. I also found the cell signal in the stadium to be phenomenal. Had no issues sending or receiving texts all day.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
How about having one scan for as many tickets you have? I had 6 of us in a group. It didn’t take me very long but I was prepared after waiting 45 minutes.

One scanned barcode should get all of your tickets in at once. (As long as everyone is with the ticket holder).

Would cut a major amount of time.

Or is that too logical?
Based on how many of the people around me were just then figuring out that not all of their party were together to scan the tickets on the one phone, yeah. That was too logical. Lots of people cutting line to "catch up with Joe up there because he has our tickets on his phone". Well, maybe Joe should freakin' stand still and wait for them instead of them pushing ahead.
/old lady rant

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
It really only takes a few to muddy the process.

The pics online are awful. At 1 o'clock the gates were packed?

Not a good start. Not really forgivable either. The business has to meet the customers where they are. Blaming fans for this bull is weak.

(Not that you are)

I got in just ahead of it going to hell. The A.D. has a lot of work to do before next wk.
Walked out on the terrace of the Alumni Center before the game the big ass pile of dirt being there instead of cars, fans and tents, did not inspire optimism in me. Cytown better work or the A D. f*cked up one of the best pregame experiences in America. I hope it works for everyone's sake.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
I had no issues. Downloaded my ticket to my apple wallet earlier in the week. Walked up to the South gate at 12:20 and waited in line for about 30 seconds before I scanned my ticket via NFC and walked right in. Seems the issue was lack of planning by people who didn’t know or thought they’d be fine to download their tickets while in line. I also found the cell signal in the stadium to be phenomenal. Had no issues sending or receiving texts all day.
What service do you use? Cause our verizon was f'd up.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
It’s a sh!t show. We left the RV village 1 hour before kickoff and missed kickoff.

They need to figure something out. They need double the scanners.
Interesting. We left RV Village just after noon (just under an hour before kickoff) and had no problem getting in. There was no wait or anything causing problems.

every_yard

Aug 25, 2006
This is far from an issue that should be blamed on the fans, but a lot of the problems were because of the amount of people who wait until last minute to head into the game.

Reactions: CyByrd

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Interesting. We left RV Village just after noon (just under an hour before kickoff) and had no problem getting in. There was no wait or anything causing problems.

So about 1230ish at the stadium?

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
I was in the giant mass of people trying to enter the north gate. When I finally got to the scanner it took me no time at all to scan my tickets. I don’t know if it was just that certain people couldn’t figure it out and that was the hold up, or just too many people coming in at once. If the scanners were working fine and people just couldn’t figure out their tickets, I don’t see how this will be any better a week from now.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Really? My Verizon worked so well I steamed the end of the Colorado vs TCU game on my phone while in the stadium.
I was trying to call & text my husband in our seats from the aid station for most of the second quarter. He was also trying to figure out why I hadn't come back yet, and was trying to text me. The phone calls from both directions went straight to voicemail and the texts never went through. It was kind of a big deal for us to not be able to connect...

Reactions: gocy444

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
So For the people that actually got their tickets to scan....My 4 never was able to read.
I was told it still took longer because the tap feature is not like scanning a bar code and almost instate, it takes a while for each ticket to read.

But With that had 4 tickets today and none were able to be read. Tried and tried and they finally just waved us in. Same with the people in front and behind us. I waited for about an hour and the heat in that crowd with no air movement was pretty bad. Then they didnt have the awnings over the entry like in years past and it got pretty unbearable.

The stupid turnstiles would not turn unless your ticket read, and well a ton of people could not get their tickets to read.

And yes I had them in my google wallet and everything like every other digital entry venue. It was a mess, from what people have said there was less problems with apple wallet, but all I know google wallet didnt work at all, for me.

Dont know what the answer is now, that they implemented this but I would hope they work on things this week, because it was terrible.

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
This is far from an issue that should be blamed on the fans, but a lot of the problems were because of the amount of people who wait until last minute to head into the game.
Um, no. Plenty of us were in line as early as (if not earlier) we have always been, for years. It didn’t matter.

And I did not at all get the sense that there were issues because people “waited” to get their ticket on their phone. I really didn’t see ANYONE scrambling to download or load tickets. The issue largely seemed to be the scanners; many didn’t work, didn’t work consistently (regardless of what model phone was being used), and when it didn’t work, it stopped that line for minutes at a time. For 1 person. I’ve never seen anything like it. Just standing still. For minutes. And then move forward a few feet, then another issue.

As for Verizon service - mine was perfect the entire game. I was texting, browsing, and b*tching here with no delay :)

• Agree
Reactions: alarson

danvillecyclone

Dec 8, 2011
Based on how many of the people around me were just then figuring out that not all of their party were together to scan the tickets on the one phone, yeah. That was too logical. Lots of people cutting line to "catch up with Joe up there because he has our tickets on his phone". Well, maybe Joe should freakin' stand still and wait for them instead of them pushing ahead.
/old lady
I get that, and that’s something that will always happen.

But most people will be together and it would most definitely save time to have one scan for all of your people.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I was in the giant mass of people trying to enter the north gate. When I finally got to the scanner it took me no time at all to scan my tickets. I don’t know if it was just that certain people couldn’t figure it out and that was the hold up, or just too many people coming in at once. If the scanners were working fine and people just couldn’t figure out their tickets, I don’t see how this will be any better a week from now.
Apple or Google?

The girl took my phone from me and tried to get them to read and never was able to. And it was the same for the group ahead and behind us. Although my sister was able to get hers to read with Apple.

Even with that the tap system is not as fast as the scanners are.