*** Official IOWA STATE vs #14 Oklahoma Game(Day) Thread ***

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Hell OU has been paying players before it was legal. Anyone remember the cover of Sport Illustrated with Bosworth and his fancy Corvette on the cover, or the QB that came out for the 2nd half wearing the fur coat in Ames?
Heck I was happy we played a entertaining 1st half.
Google Marcus Dupree

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
I see we're in the ames is far from an airport part of the copium
That's just what I was going to post.

That's the signal.

Players will go anywhere and play if they develop a good relationship with coaches and other players, have an academic area that they find attractive, or believe they will receive great coaching and development, and have a chance to showcase their skills for the next level.

We recently have had high caliber multiple RBs, a QB, WR, TE, DE and LB that are playing well on Sundays.

We have a beautiful campus and great stadium with the best media coverage and exposure we have ever had.

Time to bury those sad old excuses, it's Iowa. We built it, they will come.

• Winner
Reactions: acoustimac

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
That's just what I was going to post.

That's the signal.

Players will go anywhere and play if they develop a good relationship with coaches and other players, have an academic area that they find attractive, or believe they will receive great coaching and development, and have a chance to showcase their skills for the next level.

We recently have had high caliber multiple RBs, a QB, WR, TE, DE and LB that are playing well on Sundays.

We have a beautiful campus and great stadium with the best media coverage and exposure we have ever had.

Time to bury those sad old excuses, it's Iowa. We built it, they will come.
Good players cost money now. Across the board.

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
Great, how much can we put you down for? This isn’t ******* Texas. We don’t have booster money pouring out the ass
He squeezed someone for 10 million to build the bridge and RV Village. Certainly he can find a few million to buy talent for 2024 and 2024. Just prime the pump! Otherwise that will be a bridge to nowhere.

• Dumb
Reactions: isufbcurt

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
We live in Iowa people. We're a running joke most places in the USA. Getting black kids to come to a place that's cold 6 months of the year, has no NIL money, far from their families, culture shock to the max, small towns, country music is the main act for music, just on and on. These have always been barriers here it's just worse now with NIL being completely unregulated.
It sucks that NIL has disadvantaged Iowa State so much that we can’t beat Ohio.

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
Not every single desirable player was getting money in the past. I want what y'all are smoking if you think we have a shot at the top earners.
Who said anything about top earners. Hell I'd like a dozen 4 stars just for starters.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Where do you get the idea that anyone thinks we have that shot?
You made the argument they've always cost money. They haven't, otherwise Breece probably never comes in the first place. Therefore the assertion that it's not different now than it was before is not true.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
You made the argument they've always cost money. They haven't, otherwise Breece probably never comes in the first place. Therefore the assertion that it's not different now than it was before is not true.

Wow. One possible case clearly does erase how college athletics have always worked.
It's always been all about the money.

Reactions: Yaz

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Wow. One possible case clearly does erase how college athletics have always worked.
It's always been all about the money.
My Dad was offered more than a semester's tuition per month to attend a Big10 school in the 1950s, besides a full ride football scholarship.

Imagine pretending any p5 school was ever completely clean.

Seems some people want to find some other excuse for Campbell's obvious failures besides the fact he really isn't that great of a coach, especially now that everyone has figured him out.

• Dumb
Reactions: isufbcurt

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I think the gap was closing. Announcers said they were running like 30 guys in against us on defense. That's tough.

There seemed to be a lot of talk about how ISU has lots of depth in the offseason. I asked if it was depth or talented depth and we're finding out it was depth but not all that talented of depth.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron