Cooper DeJean injured?

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
All you have to do to know he's going to blow up at the combine is watch his high school basketball highlights. Kid is a freak athlete that somebody is going to fall in love with him at the underwear olympics and take him above where he probably should go.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
All you have to do to know he's going to blow up at the combine is watch his high school basketball highlights. Kid is a freak athlete that somebody is going to fall in love with him at the underwear olympics and take him above where he probably should go.
He can LEAP

• Winner
Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
I hate it when he destroys us but it's hard to not love everything about DeJean's game. His defensive prowess and special teams play have literally won Iowa several games (along with Taylor). The dude is an athlete, smart and a gamer. I love watching him play (when it's not against us).

Hope he makes a full recovery.

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
The hate here is strong.
Outside of one whack job poster who think nuclear warfare makes for good smack talk (and has been admonished by everyone for it) and a few crude jokes about running styles, I think it's been overwhelmingly respectful here. Cooper was a delight to watch, regardless of his jersey color, and I hate that this happened to him.

GrayerClone

Feb 11, 2010
Central Iowa
Cooper is a phenomenal athlete. Just because he plays for the hawks shouldn't matter. Seems like a good kid. ISU would have been better off to have him. He probably has been worth 2 wins just by himself over the last few years.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
It takes a really special kind of talent to be an impactful cover corner in the NFL. I think CDJ will have a nice career. But I try to picture him covering guys like AJ Brown, Justin Jefferson, J'Marr Chase, Davante Adams, Ceedee Lamb, etc., and as talented as I think he is, I struggle seeing it. Excellent return guy, really good safety or nickel package guy. But I'll be surprised if he goes in the 1st round.
He will be a first rounder. All projections have him as a first rounder. The thing about him is that he has elite athletic skills and he is still learning to play corner so there is continued upside. I don't really know what position he will end up as but he has the profile of a first rounder. If he wasn't white, people wouldn't be doubting him as a first rounder.

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
The hate here is strong.

This is dumb.

For a rival fanbase, on a message board of all places (where we know all rational thinkers reside), a vast majority of people have shown respect for DeJean, myself included. There are a couple of people that take the rivalry maybe a little too seriously, or at least their online personas do.

Cooper is obviously very talented, and he's a small-town Iowa kid that has done nothing but represent himself and his school with integrity. Iowans generally like to see other Iowans succeed on the big stage, and you're getting that sentiment here more often than not.