Cooper DeJean injured?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
He will go pro. He has too much risk and downside if he comes back. Any hiccups and it will be that he has a lingering injury. He can't afford to have that thrown at him or another injury will mark him as injury prone. He HAS to go pro now.
You can laugh iahawks, but this happens a lot in the pros. When you have a position that requires speed, they will drop someone down a round or two if they have any concerns. He has more to lose than he has to gain coming back. Has nothing to do with anything else. It's good when Iowa kids can hit it big, I would say the same thing if this was an ISU player.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
You can laugh iahawks, but this happens a lot in the pros. When you have a position that requires speed, they will drop someone down a round or two if they have any concerns. He has more to lose than he has to gain coming back. Has nothing to do with anything else. It's good when Iowa kids can hit it big, I would say the same thing if this was an ISU player.
I think he should go too, but it wouldn't be too mad if he came back.

Your other post just seemed like it read that you are hoping he goes from an ISU fan perspective.

Reactions: 7Got6

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I think he should go too, but it wouldn't be too mad if he came back.

Your other post just seemed like it read that you are hoping he goes from an ISU fan perspective.
Nope, totally what is best for him. If Tampa said he was using his Covid year, I would be going nuts for ISU, but would admit it is the wrong decision. Cooper needs to go and strike while the iron is hot. What does he have to gain at this point by coming back? Injuries? A poor season? Not much to increase his stock. For Cooper, he needs to go.

mitchforcy

Dec 1, 2009
Dejean is a freak athlete. Speed is not a reason he would drop in the draft.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Slow 40 times if you are going to play CB in the NFL are not "meaningless".

I wouldn’t use 40 times to tell if someone can cover or not.

Vertical would give me some useful information, as well as arm length…. maybe hand size?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Dejean is a freak athlete. Speed is not a reason he would drop in the draft.

He has an injury, I dont know what his 40 time is, lets just say he runs a 4.40 right now. If he would come back next year and is running a 4.50, people may say the injury isn't going to let him back. That would hurt him. Even if he runs it a little slower now, he can just saying rehab is still going and I'm not going to run it due to that, but here are my previous times. If he is slowed by the injury is where the speed situation could hurt him.

mitchforcy

Dec 1, 2009
He has an injury, I dont know what his 40 time is, lets just say he runs a 4.40 right now. If he would come back next year and is running a 4.50, people may say the injury isn't going to let him back. That would hurt him. Even if he runs it a little slower now, he can just saying rehab is still going and I'm not going to run it due to that, but here are my previous times. If he is slowed by the injury is where the speed situation could hurt him.
Thought I saw on twitter that he would be out something like 6 or 7 weeks. So you would think he would be fine by combine time.

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022

Vertical would give me some useful information, as well as arm length…. maybe hand size?
Hand size? I’ll just go by what Bud Grant told me was his number one attribute for CBs—“They better be able to run.”

houjix

Jul 21, 2021

I think shuttle and the 3 cone drill get looked at more by evaluators. Straight line speed is great, but the ability to change directions followed by quick acceleration can tell a lot more.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Thought I saw on twitter that he would be out something like 6 or 7 weeks. So you would think he would be fine by combine time.
You would think, but you never know how kids come back from injury. Sometimes its better for them to wonder if you are fully back than to go out there and prove you aren't if you actually aren't

Reactions: mitchforcy

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I’m not saying DeJean is in a different league, he just has a bit different skill set that translates to some schemes better than others. Tampa has some of those as well, just differently.