Cooper DeJean injured?

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Hard to win a game with zero points, only way they score is a dropped punt recovery for a field goal. A Purdy will beat them the next game.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
If I were an NFL GM, I’d take Cooper early in the 2nd and play him at safety.

And I’d take Tampa mid to late 2nd as a CB.

It will be interesting to see if DeJean can play a corner in the NFL, especially a team that plays a lot of man to man, instead of zone like he has played almost the entire time at EIU.
What will get him draft in front of Tampa is DeJean is a heck of a punt returner, that will help him at the next level.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It will be interesting to see if DeJean can play a corner in the NFL, especially a team that plays a lot of man to man, instead of zone like he has played almost the entire time at EIU.
What will get him draft in front of Tampa is DeJean is a heck of a punt returner, that will help him at the next level.
Yeah, I would put Cooper at Safety for the NFL, Tampa is a definite corner.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I would be fine if Cooper got feedback that he won't go until round 3!
He will go pro. He has too much risk and downside if he comes back. Any hiccups and it will be that he has a lingering injury. He can't afford to have that thrown at him or another injury will mark him as injury prone. He HAS to go pro now.

Billups06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 18, 2006
Yeah, I would put Cooper at Safety for the NFL, Tampa is a definite corner.

Agreed. Iowa's defensive scheme allows Dejean to play like a safety (man concepts in a primarily zone coverage), as his eyes are generally facing the QB.