Will Iowa State make postseason play?

Will we make postseason?

• Yes NCAA Tournament

• Yes NIT

• Not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
Vote and discuss. I personally think we will be alright, but we are really going to have to win 11 or 12 Conference games I feel. Our non conference schedule is pretty weak this season and we really needed a VT or A&M win to boost that noncon resume.

Cyclones8824

Cyclones nation. Let’s ride
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 16, 2022
Ankeny
I still think we will, obviously it will be more difficult but I feel like some of the guys who have struggled can’t play this bad all year

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Picked the tourney and now I have to sit back and see how that's going to happen.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Well this didn't take long at the first sign of adversity. This team will be fine and was always going to have growing pains the first couple of months. Anyone who thought we were seriously a top-25 team just because we pounded some of the worst teams in the country was setting themselves up for severe disappointment.

I absolutely think we will make the NCAA Tournament, as the talent is clearly there, but they need to gel more and clean up a few things that I have no doubt will be fixed come January. I always thought this team was likely a 7 to 10 seed range and haven't wavered from that.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Not going to bet against TJ at this point, but without the quality noncon wins the team had in the past couple years it will be a much more difficult road to get there in conference.

• Agree
Reactions: BigBake

exCYtement

Feb 28, 2011
Ames
Vote and discuss. I personally think we will be alright, but we are really going to have to win 11 or 12 Conference games I feel. Our non conference schedule is pretty weak this season and we really needed a VT or A&M win to boost that noncon resume.
I agree that this team is young and they will improve to be alright. I think the conference win take is a bit of an overreaction.

Last years team went 9-3 in non con (with all three loses being BAD blowouts) and only needed to go 9-9 in conference for a 6 seed. The only good win being UNC which ended up not being anything special.

Even if this team splits the Depaul/Iowa games they'll come out of non-con 10-3. If they go 9-9 in the Big 12 that should get them solidly in the dance. If they win both Iowa/Depaul 8-10 will probably do it.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Definitely will make the post-season. Pretty sure we get an automatic berth in the big 12 tournament.

longdriveforsom

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 2, 2008
San Diego,CA
I think we'll get in. The good news is I don't think either loss will hurt our resume but I don't know if 9-9 in conference will do it this year

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Oh geez not another "has the rot set in" poll...

I think we'll be fine. Lot of new faces on this team still trying to find their roles. Too much talent, things would have to go sour with locker room chemistry and everything we hear is this team is very tight on and off the court. The big X factor is if Omaha can adjust and give us that boost off the bench we are lacking right now. Watching him and Milan so far, Milan plays with the poise of a guy that has been playing at this level for a couple years already and the game is already slowed down for him while Omaha looks like the game is sped up for him at the moment. Hopefully the game slows down for him and we see all that talent shine. He certainly does not look like a 1 and done guy at the moment but he could add another dimension to the offense if the game slows down for him and he just let's it come to him instead of trying to do too much in the short stints he gets.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Well this didn't take long at the first sign of adversity. This team will be fine and was always going to have growing pains the first couple of months. Anyone who thought we were seriously a top-25 team just because we pounded some of the worst teams in the country was setting themselves up for severe disappointment.

I absolutely think we will make the NCAA Tournament, as the talent is clearly there, but they need to gel more and clean up a few things that I have no doubt will be fixed come January. I always thought this team was likely a 7 to 10 seed range and haven't wavered from that.
If our teams quit as fast as a segment of our fan base, they’d really have something to freak out about

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Oh geez not another "has the rot set in" poll...

I think we'll be fine. Lot of new faces on this team still trying to find their roles. Too much talent, things would have to go sour with locker room chemistry and everything we hear is this team is very tight on and off the court. The big X factor is if Omaha can adjust and give us that boost off the bench we are lacking right now. Watching him and Milan so far, Milan plays with the poise of a guy that has been playing at this level for a couple years already and the game is already slowed down for him while Omaha looks like the game is sped up for him at the moment. Hopefully the game slows down for him and we see all that talent shine. He certainly does not look like a 1 and done guy at the moment but he could add another dimension to the offense if the game slows down for him and he just let's it come to him instead of trying to do too much in the short stints he gets.
One of these games it is going to click for Omaha and he’ll start to contribute in a significant way.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
If our teams quit as fast as a segment of our fan base, they’d really have something to freak out about
I’ve grown to accept there is a small but vocal minority that will only chime in when an Iowa State team performs poorly. They then quickly blame coaching. But when the team performs well, these same posters are quiet. Life is too short to give them attention. I’d rather surround myself with positive, happy people