• Yes NCAA Tournament

• Yes NIT

• Not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

IowaState88

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2022
I've adjust my expectations from a 5 or 6 seed to an 8-10 seed at this point. But I think the potential to move back up is certainly there if this team can figure some things out
This is the correct take here.

I have said for several months that this team has a higher March ceiling and lower early season floor than the last two years teams. Just due to the new faces and youth. We will be fine.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
TBF, for a lot of people game threads are a place to vent frustration and emotional reactions. Most of the time they should be burned after the game is over.
I don’t live nearby, so for me it’s a way to engage. That **** isn’t just venting, it’s actively attempting to ruin it.

Clone95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 13, 2019
What exactly is the “need” to post when things aren’t going good?
You didn’t know, complaining CF posters saved the football season. Campbell would never have opened things up offensively without their incessant negativity.

Reactions: 3TrueFans

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
This is the correct take here.

I have said for several months that this team has a higher March ceiling and lower early season floor than the last two years teams. Just due to the new faces and youth. We will be fine.
So elite 8?

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I don’t live nearby, so for me it’s a way to engage. That **** isn’t just venting, it’s actively attempting to ruin it.

There's definitely a mix. There's people like Darius\ZRF\Zuri etc that are trash, and others that come on to vent.

Reactions: exCYtable

CloneDontCare

Jul 27, 2009
My idiot eye test says bubble team. Either just sneaking in, or NIT. Right now I'd bet NIT.

We don't have the experience this season, nor the crazy athleticism to make up for it. It's a young team who needs development and an NBA-caliber transfer next year.

Also, I realize he's a freshmen, but Omaha's 5 star rating is currently a bit head-scratching. There hasn't been even a glimmer of star power against these real teams.

• Agree
Reactions: OscarBerkshire

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I think so. I think we probably missed Hasan a bit. Can’t tell if I should worry about Lipsey being our most prolific rebounder or maybe just chalk that up to what a complete player he is.

The offense isn’t pretty and we have scoring droughts of great length, but then I look at the score and we have more points than it feels like.

I haven’t really analyzed the conference schedule enough to know if we got a good or a bad deal on our games with the newcomers.

Hoping someone has a big game from the outside against a decent team to open the floor up more for us.

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
I voted NCAA tourney, and was also someone posting critical things about today’s performance in another thread.

Just because a fan is critical doesn’t mean they think the world is ending or that a coach should be fired. But the performance in Orlando was very concerning. Any time you give up a 21 point lead should be cause for taking a look at things - obviously, you got up by a big margin against a good team, so how did you collapse so much?

I trust that TJ and the staff will figure things out, they have done more with less talent, but there is a huge amount of teaching to do and the Big 12 is unforgiving. I also agree with other posters that our non-con SOS will be worse than the last two years and there is no signature win opportunity left. Wins over Iowa at home and VCU neutral may only be Quad 2 at the end of the year. The Big 12 offers a ton of great opportunities to build a resume, but the league is going to be just as tough this year as any in the past. Unlike in football, the newcomers appear more ready to pull weight and the returning schools are elite. If we can get 9 wins in the league, I think we’ll be dancing. But a losing record this year, with our non-con resume being weaker (at best), could leave us out on Selection Sunday.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I do not think this is an NCAA tournament team. Against anyone with a pulse, we have not look good, and that includes the win over VCU. Love the grit, but even the "good" teams we have played, how good are they really? I don't think VT or VCU make the tournament and of course A and M was without two starters. Seems we have a long way to go.

Reactions: Cloned4Life

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
All kinds of opportunity but they’ve got to develop an identity. We play like a team who wants the game to be in the 70s or 80s, but our ability hasn’t backed that up. We either need guys to make plays or go back to the plodding, motion until 8 seconds on the shot clock and run iso offense that’s kept us in games in years past.