Results are only viewable after voting.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I’ve grown to accept there is a small but vocal minority that will only chime in when an Iowa State team performs poorly. They then quickly blame coaching. But when the team performs well, these same posters are quiet. Life is too short to give them attention. I’d rather surround myself with positive, happy people
There are A LOT of fans who only enter into threads when things are going bad.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Folks, just to try and calm anyone down (I know that's impossible with many on this board) but I truly think many of you forget just how bad the bubble is come March every year since going to 68 teams. We still need the wins in conference play BUT pending on what combination those wins are in conference (i.e. knocking off a KU or Houston) there is a chance 7 Big 12 wins would get us in the Play In Game in Dayton. The Big 12 is still loaded and pretty much any win will be a boost while a loss won't do much damage if at all.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Voted Yes to NCAA.
I feel like the talent is there, just need to get it cohesive. Blowing out those teams early strictly off talent isn't lost.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
One of these games it is going to click for Omaha and he’ll start to contribute in a significant way.
I think so too. I'm not down on him but my observation is he looks a lot like Big Rob did at first where he was too wound up and trying to force things to happen instead of let the game just come to him.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

hiltonisheaven

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
I think the team will improve and make the NCAA tournament. That said, this weekend showed lots of areas needing improvement. The raw pieces are better than previous years so I expect Otz & Co. to get it figured out.

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
I’ve grown to accept there is a small but vocal minority that will only chime in when an Iowa State team performs poorly. They then quickly blame coaching. But when the team performs well, these same posters are quiet. Life is too short to give them attention. I’d rather surround myself with positive, happy people
Based on this post, you shouldn’t even be aware of their existence today, as you should have them blocked :)

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
My confidence is definitely rattled from this weekend, but every year it seems we talk about how weak the bubble teams are. Still have to believe TJ and the staff will get it figured out

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Too bad the obvious trolls are allowed to instigate every game thread.

Reactions: JimmyChitwood

Help Support Us

Become a patron