**** WBB: Game Thread - Cyclones host #4 Iowa Wednesday 6:00 pm ESPN2 ****

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
The "what the _____" shrug of her shoulder reaction by Clark at the the end of the first quarter reminded me about something. And before I say what it is let me start by saying I wish Caitlin Clark would have gone into the portal and transferred to Iowa State. That said, her demeanor on the court in certain moments are that of a whiner. She doesn't like a call or no-call....she whines. Somebody else should have been guarding Bristow when she hit that shot....she whines. She wines at the refs all the time. Her "what the _____" look and reaction when something doesn't go her way is pathetic.

But again, I wish she would have gone into the portal and transferred to Iowa State. But even if she had, she'd still be a whiner. But she'd be our whiner.

It's the same strategy Bill Self and Kim Mulkey use on the sideline. Just keep chirping at the refs all game long and eventually you get in their heads and they give you a couple favorable calls hoping that is enough to shut you up for a bit. She gets away with it more than most players because she's the face of the sport right now and refs aren't going to make that call and then get accused of affecting the outcome of the game like it kind of played out in the national title game last year when they T'd her up for that pissy ball swat she did after she had been chirping all game at them before that.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Clark has 26 fricking shots and we still have the entire fourth quarter where you know she will take at least 8-10 more. How the hell would you want to play with her if you have any sort of offensive game as a guard?

At some point they have to be sick of being out there with her.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
If we don't run out of gas I think we win this.

Iowa should put the ball in Davis's hand and have Clark off guard to get the rest of the team involved.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
If we don't run out of gas I think we win this.

Iowa should put the ball in Davis's hand and have Clark off guard to get the rest of the team involved.

I think they're out of gas.

There's some good things out there though. I need to tune in to ESPN+ etc. and watch the team.

ZuriCyclone

Nov 10, 2019
This is the 1st time I am watching Clark play more than couple minutes and I always thought people were vastly exaggerating her antics with her game and behavior. But oh my damn, this is hilariously way worse than I imagined. What a ******* clown.
That is why Andy gave it back to her

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
This coverage is pathetic. ESPN brags up Hawkeye attendance but doesn't mention ISU consistently being in the top 10. The "Clark" count has to be at 50.

Jk32

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 17, 2021
Frozen North
I dont get the hype around her, if i was the only one who was allowed to shoot on a team im bound to put up numbers.

Cupped

Feb 11, 2016
We have not made a 3 in the 2nd half. That needs to change for us to win.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
This game isn’t on ESPN because of Iowa State. The non stop Clark fluffing is going to happen every time she’s on TV. Get use to it.

• Puke
Reactions: ISUKyro

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron