2024 concerts

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
For early alternative fans, Modest Mouse, Pixies, and Cat Power are coming to Des Moines area.

MM is hit or miss but have been great their last several trips to KC.

Haven't been to the new Clive venue, but that stretch comprises the best venues on the list. Starlight and even Surly have great sound. Many of the others are bandbox amps that are subpar for this lineup. MM and pixies are not 15-20k amp acts.

Entropy

Oct 27, 2008
Cedar Rapids, IA
MM is hit or miss but have been great their last several trips to KC.

Haven't been to the new Clive venue, but that stretch comprises the best venues on the list. Starlight and even Surly have great sound. Many of the others are bandbox amps that are subpar for this lineup. MM and pixies are not 15-20k amp acts.
My understanding is that Isaac has been sober, and that helps tremendously.
I caught them in CR before their longtime drummer Jeremiah Green died.
It was a solid show and they are worth seeing again.
The Pixies is the big draw for me. Huge fan of all of their work.

Reactions: baller21

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
It makes no sense to have a tiered pricing option to reward early buyers when I am waiting in the queue 20 minutes before they go on presale just to only have the option to buy the tier 3 for 50 bucks more than tier 1. What’s the point?

Hinterland has always been a blast for me, going since the first one, but each year it seems to get more expensive for more headache and crappy planning by them.

I'd love to know the thought process behind the tier system. I guess I can understand wanting to incentivize people to buy early to make sure your tickets get sold. But everyone got in the same line at the same time and I can't understand having to pay more just because AXS decided to push certain people through before me. We got ours at Tier 2, and it's still a decent price for all you get. But man was that not very well thought out...

Reactions: CychiatricWard

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
My understanding is that Isaac has been sober, and that helps tremendously.
I caught them in CR before their longtime drummer Jeremiah Green died.
It was a solid show and they are worth seeing again.
The Pixies is the big draw for me. Huge fan of all of their work.
Been waiting to check out the new venue and this is it. Caught the Pixies last time they were in DM at Hoyt Sherman and it was a great show.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Been waiting to check out the new venue and this is it. Caught the Pixies last time they were in DM at Hoyt Sherman and it was a great show.
Vibrant Hall is amazing (absent the name). I'm biased because it's in Waukee so a 2 minute drive partially across town. But, the amenities are top notch, parking isn't bad, and acoustics are so much better than Wells. Tickets are a little on the expensive side, but I get to sit in an ADA seat so a bit cheaper.

Personally, I never want a good band or band of interest to select the Clive center over it. I can't stand for a whole concert and there are no seats there and the sound is just ehh.

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020
I'm going the distance... to see Cake in CR.

I really should try to go see Tool somewhere. I am not much of a concert person at all, esp big ones. But Tool is one that is worth it to me. Saw them in CR ages ago at the 5.
This will be my 10th time seeing them, 3rd by myself. This current tour is a freaking visual mindfuck.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
My fiancé likes Mitchell Tenpenny, he is playing post-game concert at Iowa Wild game this Sat. 1/27

I'm more there for the hockey, but hey...I'll take a free concert with my game ticket. It's not my fav genre of music, but Russell Dickerson was actually pretty good last season.

Hinterland looks solid. I'm also excited for back to back nights at Legends Field in KC this summer:

June 1st: Tacos & tequila fest: T-Pain, Ashanti, Chamillionaire, David Banner, Trick Daddy, Yung Joc, Bubba Sparxxx

June 2nd: Not just a phase fest: Yellowcard, Bayside, Hoobastank, 3OH!3, Emery, Secondhand Serenade

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006

Disturbed Ones of Iowa –

Unfortunately, we must reschedule tonight’s show in Des Moines at the Wells Fargo Arena. David is unable to perform due to laryngitis. We always want to bring our fans the best show possible but tonight it is not possible. Please hold onto your tickets as we have rescheduled the show to May 14. All previously purchased tickets will be honored for the new date. Ticket holders, check your email for more details.

• Sad
Reactions: 1100011CS

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown

Disturbed Ones of Iowa –

Unfortunately, we must reschedule tonight’s show in Des Moines at the Wells Fargo Arena. David is unable to perform due to laryngitis. We always want to bring our fans the best show possible but tonight it is not possible. Please hold onto your tickets as we have rescheduled the show to May 14. All previously purchased tickets will be honored for the new date. Ticket holders, check your email for more details.
We have tickets. I'm glad they postponed though. Went to a Foo Fighters show a few years ago when Grohl tried to sing through some illness and sounded like crap.

Reactions: MJ29 and Jer

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
LCD is going to be playing some shoes. Chicago venue blows, but the Armory is great.

Reactions: Angie

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron