2024 concerts

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
I saw Alice Cooper last May (before Rob Zombie joined up on the tour) Alice still can put on a good show
View attachment 123146
I may be envious of your experience since you got a full show of Alice. Freaks on Parade is not only Alice and Rob Zombie, but Ministry and Filter as well. I'm a little afraid that I may get a condensed version of Alice and, as you said, he can put on a good show and I'd hate if any part of it was left out due do a limited time set.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Sleep Token is coming to Waukee on May 14th. Unfortunately, the Disturbed/Falling in Reverse concert was rescheduled for the same night.

Nothing More was also just announced for Val Air. I've always hated the setup there so interested to see how they've renovated it. Hardest part is it's all standing so my ADA chair might not have a view.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I may be envious of your experience since you got a full show of Alice. Freaks on Parade is not only Alice and Rob Zombie, but Ministry and Filter as well. I'm a little afraid that I may get a condensed version of Alice and, as you said, he can put on a good show and I'd hate if any part of it was left out due do a limited time set.
If you saw him at Vets in Spring of 78 I was there.

Mead For My Horses

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2020
Bought tickets for day 1 of the Minnesota Yacht Club festival in St. Paul.
Gwen Stephani, Alanis Morrisette, Black Crowes, Joan Jett & The Head & The Heart. Should be a good day. I've seen the last three of those before but they all put on a great show. I'll stick around for the last two but more pop than I'm into.

Also bought tickets for Marshall Tucker Band & Jefferson Starship at Val Air in April. Haven't seen either band before.

Blackhawk6515

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 21, 2008
Just saw a new event in Indianola at the Balloon Fields: Spring Revelry. Turnpike Troubadours, Ryan Bingham, Trampled By Turtles, Cody Canada And The Departed for May 4th. This is a must see for me.

Frog

May 6, 2021
Is Avenged Sevenfold any good? My son informed us that he and some friends are driving home from Ames for a weekend in March. The band is going to be over in Moline.

I've never heard of them before.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Is Avenged Sevenfold any good? My son informed us that he and some friends are driving home from Ames for a weekend in March. The band is going to be over in Moline.

For real? They were huge mid 2000s. Atleast that’s how I remember it. I think I saw them during that era but my memory during those years is a bit froggy.

Reactions: Frog

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006

They're coming to Des Moines on March 15th at Wells. Pretty good, but not a huge fan.

FYI, Poppy opens for them.

Reactions: Frog

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
Just saw a new event in Indianola at the Balloon Fields: Spring Revelry. Turnpike Troubadours, Ryan Bingham, Trampled By Turtles, Cody Canada And The Departed for May 4th. This is a must see for me.

I'd be weary of that one. Mammoth is behind it and they have a slew of **** ups to their name, including the fiasco that was Knotfest last year.

They seem to treat artist well and tend to form great relationships with some of the artists, Like Turnpike who they have booked for several venues and events the last few years. But when it comes to booking, promoting events, and being current with the times they are horrendous.

The music scene in KC has taken a nosedive the last few years. They are probably reason number 1 it has. Hopefully they've learned from the Knotfest fiasco and, you know, make sure there's enough water for the patrons.

Frog

May 6, 2021
For real? They were huge mid 2000s. Atleast that’s how I remember it. I think I saw them during that era but my memory during those years is a bit froggy.
For real. Not that you asked, but I grew up with OLD country music. In H.S. (late 80's) was into metal and loved one punk band -Green Day. My wife got me into different genres when I met her, but other than Green Day not much metal during that time so did not hear of them. My wife says she knows em.

Interesting the band will be in Des Moines but kids driving all the way home.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
For real. Not that you asked, but I grew up with OLD country music. In H.S. (late 80's) was into metal and loved one punk band -Green Day. My wife got me into different genres when I met her, but other than Green Day not much metal during that time so did not hear of them. My wife says she knows em.

Interesting the band will be in Des Moines but kids driving all the way home.
Better weed in Moline. o_O:p

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron