2024 concerts

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
This will be my 10th time seeing them, 3rd by myself. This current tour is a freaking visual mindfuck.

I have seen them 5 times. Always good. If they ever book the sphere in Vegas I will pay for the over priced tickets. That would be the ultimate Tool show

Reactions: Saul_T

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Motley Crue is plying the fair. I’m probably one of the biggest Crue fans but even I am over their live shows
I was so excited to see Pop Evil announced... then realized I'd have to live through a Motley Crue concert. It was a quick "pass".

Reactions: 0u812 and Drew0311

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I'd rather go to a Hairball show at this point.

I agree and I grew up a Motley Crue Junkie. Still love the old albums. Still jam them all the time. I get Vince needs the money and he tours, I am not against them trying to make money. However, he is so bad now, Most of the music is done AI. Nobody is really playing the instruments. Mick Mars, who is the best musician in the band is no longer in the band. Johnny is a good guitar player but I don't want to see non Motley members. Ill just remember them live from when I was young.

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
We got our tickets for Rob Zombie/Alice Cooper (with Ministry and Filter) and got excellent seats. And then the wife dropped a bombshell on me and surprised me with a VIP meet and greet with Alice. I just hope I don't suffer a Wayne's World flashback (Garth specifically) when I meet him and break out in a "I'm not worthy" moment.

Last edited:

Frog

May 6, 2021
Better weed in Moline. o_O:p
Yeah, I am sure good stuff in the dispensaries on that side of the river. I pay an insane amount of money to keep weeds down. LOL.
I was at a auction/show looking to buy a piece of equipment that was at a farm in central Ill that did a segment on growing marijuana. They said a farmer can make big money growing it but if sounds to good to be true....probably is.

Sorry to derail!

Entropy

Oct 27, 2008
Cedar Rapids, IA
Metal fans rejoice.

Reactions: Angie

Entropy

Oct 27, 2008
Cedar Rapids, IA
We got our tickets for Rob Zombie/Alice Cooper (with Ministry and Filter) and got excellent seats. And then the wife dropped a bombshell on me and surprised me with a VIP meet and greet with Alice. I just hope I don't suffer a Wayne's World flashback (Garth specifically) when I meet him and break out in a "I'm not worthy" moment.

One of my colleagues opted for the VIP experience and had nothing but good things to say about it. She got some great pictures with him as well for her social media accounts.

Reactions: Arkansas Cyclone

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha

I wonder how many times he has had people do that.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I'm old enough to have listened to a lot of these bands that are making a retirement run. But, I will NOT pay that much to go to any concert. I don't care who it is.
That's my feeling, Hendrix would have to come back from the dead for me to consider it.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
Stevie Nicks is performing in Omaha in March. Decent seats are over $400. That's regular price, not scalper.

No, that's the scalper price. Difference is Ticketmaster is the one scalping their tickets, manipulating supply (to where fans can't make informed decisions), and is creating a monopoly.

The worst part about it humans used to have a BETTER chance with the old system. You know, when you could pre-select your section or seats and it would simply cart the best available at that price. Now? You have no ******* idea what the price range will be ahead of time (or where the price points are), TM pulls and releases tickets making fans think there is less supply than there is, and then you have the rigged queue system. Brokers buy "aged" accounts or have nerds that have figured out the algos and create accounts to get them higher queueus. This has resulted in it being harder for fans to get tickets as well as juking the price and supply.

Sadly TM and AXS continue to scoop up more venues. As a fan it was 10x easier pulling Etix and EB tickets. On the ball? At least you had a shot. Now they try to price every ticket as if it was a sold out show, then force people to sell on their platform when they can't go.

TM and Amazon are the worst monopolies this country has seen. At least on some level Amazon benefits consumers but TM? They are the worst of the worst.

• Agree
Reactions: Blackhawk6515

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
I'm old enough to have listened to a lot of these bands that are making a retirement run. But, I will NOT pay that much to go to any concert. I don't care who it is.

I love live music but am increasingly growing tired of the BS.

Most of the older acts are still pretty good and a Youtube venture will often vet out those that should have hung it up long ago. Bob Dylan, ZZ Top, Vince Neil, and Bobby Brown shouldn't be allowed to sell tickets. Personally the latter was the roughest sounding act I've ever seen live.

Then there are those like Anita Baker who sound as good as they ever have. The biggest rule is the older belters...Darryl Hall, Michael McDonald, Bryan Ferry, etc can't quite hit the high notes like they used to. But they know it and typically adjust accordingly.

• Agree
Reactions: Blackhawk6515

Mead For My Horses

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2020
I'm not sure what I'm getting into, but I just bought a ticket to Shim at Lefty's in Des Moines. Tri-Polar by Sick Puppies is one of my ATF hard rock albums so we will see.

Entropy

Oct 27, 2008
Cedar Rapids, IA
Waiting for tickets to drop for Pearl Jam in Chicago around Labor Day.
Saw them for the first time this past September with a friend and now my wife wants to see them.
Ticket dates dropped today.
I'm a member of the Ten Club, so I can put in for a lottery to get tickets.
Now do I put in for both dates at Wrigley? That'll make my Friday teaching schedule a little more interesting.

Reactions: Angie