*** Official #12 IOWA STATE vs #18 Baylor Game(Day) Thread ***

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Like any road game, hoping for the best, expecting the worst. Fingers crossed.

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Hopefully the week off didn’t kill any sort of rhythm or momentum. Feels like a game we should win, which is why I’m apprehensive about thinking we will. Go state either way!

Jdk

Feb 27, 2019
Thanks again Rullz winning last year the 3 games against Baylor has this clone feeling optimistic let’s show them where the bear ***** in the woods Iowa State 77 Baylor 71

Texbudman

Nov 20, 2012
Arlington,Tx
Curious if anyone here is going to the game?

For those not in attendance that are curious what the game experience is like, here's a couple videos (although it's just non-con against Cornell)

I usually make the 90 minute drive to Waco when the Clones play there. Won’t be able to make it tonight unfortunately. Strange things have happened over the years to Iowa State at the old Ferrell Center. Wife and I were there in 2000 when we clinched the conference title but many good ISU teams have not fared so well. Clones start off with a win at the new Foster Pavilion 84-72. This Baylor team doesn’t play defense like previous ones. Go Clones!

Reactions: t-noah

OrangeCarrot

Jul 1, 2023
I'm more comfortable listening to John and Eric on road games. Home team's positive vibes and mojo sorta thing as opposed to TV announcers who could care less if ISU wins or loses.

Iowa State 75 Baylor 71
Thanks Rulzzz.
Is there a way I can listen to the radio broadcast online?

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Defense has been sub par on the road. We give up a lot of threes and opposing teams shoot a fairly good %. Baylor is really good offensively and notably at the 3.

Given all this we are still a small favorite according to Torvik. Why? Baylor is only shooting 31% from three at home, since conference play their defense has been trending down. Meanwhile our offense has been trending up in spite of playing harder conference games.

For us win we'll need to continue our offense to trend up and I think it will. Baylor I feel is soft.

• Informative
Reactions: t-noah and NENick

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Is there a way I can listen to the radio broadcast online?

You can stream this on your phone (laptop, i-pad) directly or through I-Heart Radio app (available also on your smart TV). We always tune in for the post-game.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Shout-out to the ESPN crew working overtime last night to get the camera set up and dialed in to the best of their abilities HIGH atop the official Foster Pavillion camera platform. They really went 'above and beyond'.

Here's an actual photo of their work:
View attachment 123278
Yep, for those that haven't watched a game yet on tv of Baylor's new arena it's going to be quite a surprise for them. I've watched a couple now and have gotten use to it a bit but still don't like it.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Curious if anyone here is going to the game?

For those not in attendance that are curious what the game experience is like, here's a couple videos (although it's just non-con against Cornell)

Haven't gone but from tv the fans do look like they are right on top of you. Arena is STEEP. Guessing if the crowd is actually full and into it that it can get pretty loud in there.

• Agree
Reactions: RezClone