Hy-Vee's weirdest business decision yet?

cyco2000

Nov 5, 2007
At some point everything came in glass bottles so It makes sense. Lemon-Lime Gatorade in the stubby glass bottle definitely hit differently than the current plastic set up.
I found one of these Gatorade bottles in my ditch this spring. Brought back all the feels. Until I looked at whatever was sloshing around on the inside. That brought the stomach feels. Threw away that time capsule of awesomeness and funk.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Speaking of hy-vee and pop. I remember working there in high school in the customer service area, where we use to collect cans. I made a killing on Pepsi points and Marlboro miles.

Still sitting on any extra gym bags?

StormnClone58

Jan 24, 2008
West Des Moines
I went to the Waukee Hy-Vee this evening between 8 and 8:30. 2 Hy-Vee security officers just hanging out. What the crap? Get rid of them and lower prices! BTW, Pepsi 6 packs (16.9 oz) are now $6.29 at Hy-Vee, how much are they at Wal-Mart? Why they are $3.88! Hy-Vee is 62% HIGHER FOR THE SAME DANG THING!!!
How else is hyvee (Randy) supposed to afford 3 company jets?

WarrenSawy

May 10, 2023
Hey, thanks for sharing your thoughts on Hy-Vee's recent business decisions. It's always interesting to see how companies evolve and sometimes make puzzling moves. Personally, I like to get in and out of the grocery store quickly too! By the way, I recently came across some info about succession planning for businesses that might be useful for you. Check it out at this link: https://www.successionresource.com/succession-planning. It's never too early to think about the future, right? Anyway, thanks again for sharing your experience, and as a newcomer on this forum, I appreciate the insights.

Last edited:
  • Dumb
Reactions: mynameisjonas

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Hey, thanks for sharing your thoughts on Hy-Vee's recent business decisions. It's always interesting to see how companies evolve and sometimes make puzzling moves. Personally, I like to get in and out of the grocery store quickly too!
These bots are irritating

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Hey, thanks for sharing your thoughts on Hy-Vee's recent business decisions. It's always interesting to see how companies evolve and sometimes make puzzling moves. Personally, I like to get in and out of the grocery store quickly too!

What are your thoughts on the toilets in the basement of Parks Library?

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

Me-moop be-du be boop

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Doing their stupid commercials again I see. The sticker commercial can be sent to the sun.

Side note though, was at the Lincoln Center one in Ames after lunch and they came on the speaker saying the had racks of baby back ribs for $1.50 each. I bee lined it to the meat section and they had two full carts of them. Needless to say I stocked up. Best deal ever!!

Reactions: NWICY and ScottyP

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Doing their stupid commercials again I see. The sticker commercial can be sent to the sun.

Side note though, was at the Lincoln Center one in Ames after lunch and they came on the speaker saying the had racks of baby back ribs for $1.50 each. I bee lined it to the meat section and they had two full carts of them. Needless to say I stocked up. Best deal ever!!

$1.50 each, or $1.50/lb?

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
You guys won’t believe this but the DSW partnership and decision to sell shoes in a grocery store didn’t work.

It only didn't work if HyVee didn't get paid. If the items were consigned HyVee ate it. If the stores were paying rent to HyVee for the square footage HyVee likely did just fine.

Reactions: wxman1

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Maybe one day HyVee will remember that they are a grocery store and that their path to success is by doing everything they can do to be the best grocery store they can be. You aren't a shoe store, or a walk in clinic, or a sports bar, or a bath and body works.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Maybe one day HyVee will remember that they are a grocery store and that their path to success is by doing everything they can do to be the best grocery store they can be. You aren't a shoe store, or a walk in clinic, or a sports bar, or a bath and body works.

This seems like going back to a dry well. They tried so many of these ideas in the past and they flamed out then.

Why keep beating the dead horse