Tang gonna Tang

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
“They kicked our butts. We didn't deserve to win,” Kansas State coach Jerome Tang said. “Didn't give an effort that deserved to win. Disappointed in that because the staff did an unbelievable job putting together a plan that would give us a chance.”

Unbelievable Tang would say that. I watched the game and thought there was nothing wrong with the effort the KSU players gave.

Can you imagine TJ saying after a game that he and his coaches put together an unbelievable game plan but we lost because our players didn't give enough effort?

Coaches who publicly point their finger at their players often lose their team. Saturday's game is gonna be interesting. Either KSU players will give a monster effort or they will fold like a cheap suit. Hope it's the latter.
Tang is a loser and so is that kid on their team with "Ames" on the back of his jersey. Still jacking up 3's as the clock expired last night against Kansas' walk ons with the game having been decided for the previous 15 game minutes. He also has been a dirty player in the past, flagrant fouls and stuff after the whistle etc.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
They could be really talented next year with a couple transfers of big men. I think Perry can come back. Kaluma and Carter are both juniors.

But I could also see some players transferring out. And regardless of the talent on the roster, they will again be charmin soft mentally and the Big 12 will be equally as tough next year.
Yeah, this. Tang's primary ability is as a recruiter (bag man). He is a talker, a schmoozer, a seller etc.

The talent will not be an issue for him at K State unless for some reason the culture is so bad that we see an exodus this offseason and he is forced to start from scratch or something. Otherwise they will have talent enough to hang in the middle of the pack for as long as Tang is there probably. Think back to Travis Ford at Oklahoma State. Always had talent but was a terrible coach and always underachieved with those Marcus Smart/Lebryan Nash/Phil Forte teams. I guess the overarching thought here would be that he is such a bad locker room/culture coach that his teams just continue to flounder in spite of the talent.

Reactions: FerShizzle

Billups06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 18, 2006
Yeah, this. Tang's primary ability is as a recruiter (bag man). He is a talker, a schmoozer, a seller etc.

The talent will not be an issue for him at K State unless for some reason the culture is so bad that we see an exodus this offseason and he is forced to start from scratch or something. Otherwise they will have talent enough to hang in the middle of the pack for as long as Tang is there probably. Think back to Travis Ford at Oklahoma State. Always had talent but was a terrible coach and always underachieved with those Marcus Smart/Lebryan Nash/Phil Forte teams. I guess the overarching thought here would be that he is such a bad locker room/culture coach that his teams just continue to flounder in spite of the talent.
Kind of how I view K-state right now. They have enough talent, it seems, and have a chance to be pretty good/beat good teams on any given night.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Kind of how I view K-state right now. They have enough talent, it seems, and have a chance to be pretty good/beat good teams on any given night.
They do seem talented. I don't think they're complete though, and they clearly aren't coached well. They don't have the talent they did last season either.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
They’re still gonna be tough Saturday, but next two years before they fire him I think they really get beat down by everybody as Tang’s poor leadership results in full ROT.

We turned K-State over like crazy in Ames, the only reason they were able to get back into the game was one catching fire and we got cold. I think we handle them honestly.

rosshm16

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2023
This was a good result for us, I wanted KSU with nothing to play for on Saturday. They're now 17-13 overall (after starting 14-4, rofl), 7-10 in the Big 12, #78 in NET, 4-7 in Quad 1 games, and has six Quad 2 losses. They're out barring a conference tourney run, and one more Quad 1 home win won't change what they need to do.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Everyone in the conference is united against KSU lol.
Let’s not say everybody. I don’t want that soft ***** Terry in the club.

Tang and Terry can tell each other how great they are while they teach their players that when adversity hits, accounts is for suckers.

Those two are such delusional losers.

Reactions: 2speedy1 and CoKane

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019

Tang and Terry can tell each other how great they are while they teach their players that when adversity hits, accounts is for suckers.

i have a good source inside the big 12 that even the big 12 offices cant stand texas/terry

• Informative
Reactions: BACyclone

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
I don't doubt that but it rings pretty hollow after the conference office has spent the last 2 decades bending over for UT.
i don't think BY brings that type of energy

bowlsby, yes. but he knew he had to.

• Agree
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

RollClones14

Sep 6, 2018
Yeah...gotta be honest...I like Self! Seems like a guy I would enjoy playing for...or golfing with!
Went golfing with a friend once who is originally from Lawrence but went to K-State and he pulled out an Illinois Basketball golf bag. Asked him where he got it and he said "My high school girlfriend's dad used to coach there and he gave it to me." Once I confirmed that he meant Bill Self, he talked about how kind and friendly Bill was to him and everyone he met. Apparently a solid golfer as well.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa

Sooo, will Tang be selling satellite tv services in a few years??? iykyk.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I don't doubt that but it rings pretty hollow after the conference office has spent the last 2 decades bending over for UT.
5 of the 6 women's basketball awards at the end of the season went to OuT.

This is one reason why I should be commissioner, that never would have happened in their last year. **** em. Promote the athletes who will be here.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
It's okay to like Bill Self and hate KU.

It always the fans. KU fans have always been KU fans, but they have the basketball history to back it up. KSU fans were never bad until they got on Twitter. First, I know as an ISU fan I shouldn't throw stones, but KSU's limited success has inflated their egos way beyond where they should be, even though their overall history shows they are below average. I mean FFS, we have a 3 game lead on them in our head to head history in football, and they have absolutely dominated us for the past 30-35 years (we've only won eight games since 1990), and our football history is downright repulsive.

Overall, I have lost so much respect for that fanbase over the past 10 years, and will openly root against them when they are playing KU. Tang's crap has only made my thoughts towards that fanbase worse.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
“They kicked our butts. We didn't deserve to win,” Kansas State coach Jerome Tang said. “Didn't give an effort that deserved to win. Disappointed in that because the staff did an unbelievable job putting together a plan that would give us a chance.”

Unbelievable Tang would say that. I watched the game and thought there was nothing wrong with the effort the KSU players gave.

Can you imagine TJ saying after a game that he and his coaches put together an unbelievable game plan but we lost because our players didn't give enough effort?

Coaches who publicly point their finger at their players often lose their team. Saturday's game is gonna be interesting. Either KSU players will give a monster effort or they will fold like a cheap suit. Hope it's the latter.
Harris locked up Perry and that was it. KSU isn't very good if he's not dominating.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011

I think with NIL, we are seeing a lot of formerly great recruiters struggle when faced with competition. Charisma/personality matter, but it takes away a big advantage when everyone else can offer a bag, too. And now if a player decides all the promises were hollow (or their tired of losing), they can walk after a year with no consequence. I think KState might soon have a talent problem to go along with the coaching one.

Incidentally, I think it’s absolutely insane that he threw his team under the bus to prop up what is, by all appearances, a pretty mediocre staff. The sideline demeanor or Rhoads with the staffing smarts of Chizek?

Reactions: Cyinthenorth

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I have a lot more respect for KU, their fans, and Self after all this Tang ****.

Self isnt out here doing comically fake dances in the student section with half of them looking like they're being held at gun point or accusing other teams of wild conspiracies. His assistants aren't chasing down the other teams staff in the tunnel or cursing out student managers. KU fans aren't buying into the wild conspiracies their staff fabricates and then gaslighting people about where the info came from.

The whole Arterio Morris stuff was disgusting though, that should have never happened
I will admit that Self has kind of grown on us ISU fans. He's still super smug and he gets all red-faced when things aren't going his way, plus he gets a ton of calls. That said, he's been respectful toward ISU and taken Ls without crying or complaining. Obviously he's a hell of a coach. I don't think that they're all that talented this year outside of their top 5 guys. Their depth is horrible compared to ours. But yet he's still out there winning games. I guess I actually like him, which is something I wouldn't even believe 5 years ago. At least he has some character and isn't an empty suit.

• Agree
Reactions: 2speedy1

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014

Both of those have moved well past my dislike for Self. As a matter of fact Self has been moving up, but those 2 have rocketed to the top of my dislike list. And its not even about rivalry and game play, its how they act.

This is precisely why Self is getting less dislike from me all the time. Even though its a tough rivalry and tough win, I really only disliked his smirks, and he seems to be more respectful and classy towards our Staff and players all the time.

I used to always think of KSU as a "friendly rivalry". But, over the last few years that has changed, it has become a very hated rivalry, some of which has been cause by their idiot fans online and their fanboy reporters like Kurtz. Kansas has kind of switched places with them on my list of rivalries, in all sports.

I know people around KC say the KU fans are awful, but I just have never seen it. And online they are not even close to as bad as KSU fans.

Reactions: BACyclone

BACyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2011
Reinbeck, IA

Here is video of the handshake line. It is at the very end. Tang finishes well out ahead of everyone else in purple. Maybe he needed to get to the locker room to take a ****. This is what Self was pointing out. That he raced through and left.

I really hope TJ is able to put all the walk-ons in at the end of the game Saturday, like Self did here.

Reactions: Cyclonepride