2024-2025 Recruiting Thread

Mead For My Horses

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2020
Strong class for Dresser & Co.

Bartelt, Naaktgeboren, Herrera & Acklin all won state titles. Plus Meza, whose team I think I read in this thread doesn't wrestle in the AZ state tournament. Enjoy this March, but the pipeline is full too!

Last edited:

Mead For My Horses

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2020
Strong class for Dresser & Co.

Bartelt, Naaktgeboren, Herrera & Acklin all won state titles. Plus Meza, whose team I think I read in this thread doesn't wrestle in the AZ state tournament. Enjoy this March, but the pipeline is full too!
My bad. This belongs in the 23-24 recruiting thread. I'll repost there.

Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

Cyclonewrestlingfan2022

May 30, 2023
That would be a good one, but Sloan has to be the target, right?

Grad transfer, come back to Iowa, take a pile of cash?
I’d take either one. I think Iowa will definitely go after him to because I don’t see the Ferraris sticking around. But I really like Munoz but if we got Sloan I wouldn’t be mad at all.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Cardenas from Cornell is already in the portal and has to transfer to keep competing since he’s used up his Ivy League years. He’d be a great 197 bridge while Bartelt redshirts. If we don’t get a 184 in the portal, I like what I am hearing on Naak. He needs to get stronger this offseason, but we’ve seen Durbo work magic before. Bulk up Naak, another offseason of training with this staff, and he could be tough next year

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Cardenas from Cornell is already in the portal and has to transfer to keep competing since he’s used up his Ivy League years. He’d be a great 197 bridge while Bartelt redshirts. If we don’t get a 184 in the portal, I like what I am hearing on Naak. He needs to get stronger this offseason, but we’ve seen Durbo work magic before. Bulk up Naak, another offseason of training with this staff, and he could be tough next year
Ben will work his magic and Naak will be a hammer next year! Problem solved at 184

Sturge34

Oct 28, 2019
I’d take either one. I think Iowa will definitely go after him to because I don’t see the Ferraris sticking around. But I really like Munoz but if we got Sloan I wouldn’t be mad at all.
Talked with a club coach over the weekend and he swears all the Ferraris will end up at Iowa. Just waiting to let everything calm down after the fiasco at the Soldier Salute.

Mead For My Horses

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2020
Ben will work his magic and Naak will be a hammer next year! Problem solved at 184
I like this idea a lot and am very hopeful. I hope we can be a program that doesn't overly rely on transfers, but is able to develop guys like Naak, Rojas, Perryman, etc. and still win trophies and titles.

It will help our recruiting in the long run if we can accomplish that. Key word above is 'overly'. I know transfers are part of the landscape but I value our high school recruits.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Talked with a club coach over the weekend and he swears all the Ferraris will end up at Iowa. Just waiting to let everything calm down after the fiasco at the Soldier Salute.
Lol good news for them is that isn't even being talked about anymore with them. AJ getting kicked out of Florida Tourney and Anthony stealing stuff from Florida and beating the **** out of someone

Cyclonewrestlingfan2022

May 30, 2023
Awesome!!!!! Wow any parent of a kid who wrestles at Iowa and they are fine with this needs help. Never would I let my kids be around people like that

Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

Help Support Us

Become a patron