***Official 2024 Transfer Thread***

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
If you don't think Watson can take that next step, this is a want. Having two 6'7" wings/forwards/strech4 who can shoot would be such a luxury.

We all have seen what it does to ISU's offense when Tre King is hitting shots.. Imagine that on a more reliable basis.

I'm sure, somewhere, in recent months I read Kayden (sp?) Fish has grown to 6-8. That ring any bells for anyone? IIRC, big kid. Coming out of h.s., thought his offense was good, again iirc.

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
It's a given we add a post to pair with Rock.

Have there been any reports on how Rock has progressed this season?

Just looked at the roster, I had no idea Rock is listed at 255 lbs. Thought he was skinny!

Last edited:
Reactions: nrg4isu

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Have there been any reports on how Rock has progressed this season?

Just looked at the roster, I had no idea Rock is listed at 255 lbs. Thought he was skinny!
Haven't seen any reports but working with the staff and ISU nutrition appears to be working if he's up to 255. Rock doesn't look skinny when standing on the bench compared to the other players, tallest though.

I think we'll get a good idea the next couple of weeks on how the staff thinks he can contribute next year with the type and number of Bigs ISU contacts. If they only focus on 1 center it'll be safe to think TJ has JT ready to contribute major minutes next year.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I'm sure, somewhere, in recent months I read Kayden (sp?) Fish has grown to 6-8. That ring any bells for anyone? IIRC, big kid. Coming out of h.s., thought his offense was good, again iirc.
Watson, Biliew and Fish need to look like King next fall. Granted Omaha doesn't have that far to go.

With those 3 we may not get a 4 but we'll definitely still take a look at options.

Gotta get a 5.

Last edited:

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
To me, 1-5 is much more about who you can guard than what you can do on offense. Milan can easily play the 4. So can Watson and Omaha. What we need is a shot blocker and lob threat like Ward. Having a post up game like BRE or being able to hit an open 3 off of pick and pop is a plus. But interior defense and rim running is the priority. Assuming no transfers out, there’s only only one spot open. But then, I could see guys like Watson or Pav move on for more minutes or Omaha just heading to the G league.

I’m really going to miss the BRE ward rotation plus Tre kings physicalness and ability to guard the 5.

TomTreebow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 20, 2012

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
Rob and Wards ability to guard on the perimeter - especially against ball screens - and their ability to rotate quickly is a huge part of what makes this offense go.

Who TJ goes after may not be eye popping in terms of stats but I guarantee there will be very specific characteristics he’s looking for as it relates to defensive ability.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids

Didn’t do much at Miami but has size and possible staff (Blount) connections