*** Official South Dakota State vs #4 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

Klubber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Aurora, IL
For what it's worth, Ward and Lipsey tend to limp around the court on a consistent basis. I learned not to read too much into it. Hope for the best, and they were both on the bench (and not the training room) at the end.
I think Lipsey tweaked the shoulder that's bothered him for much of the season. Ward seemed fine to me. And seriously, some need to chill the f out.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I understand this response. But I have been an ISU fan for nearly 50 years (I am old), and have seen too many "what ifs" because of ISU injuries. I DON'T want another Georges Niang situation & that is why I was so upset. Injuries happen randomly - but I don't want an injury to happen because there's NO NEED for a player to be in the game. It's why I wouldn't have felt sorry for Greiner from Baylor had she gone down with an injury when Mulkey was still playing her - up 30pts - at the end of their games.
This team is special & this coaching staff is special - I want ISU to be at full strength in every game they play in this tourney. It's the reason for my response.

Pretty sure those injuries have been lingering for quite a while and this is semantics, but I wouldn't call it full strength.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
He was wired higher than a kite. If he could just calm down and let the game to him, he could really be something. Hopefully, he'll get there eventually.
I'm guessing Omaha has spent time with ISU's sports psychologist like so many of our athletes. If not, it seems like he could really benefit by doing so. He's so gifted physically, I just think his biggest challenge is between his ears. I think he wants it so badly it hurts his play. One of these days, he's going to relax, get some confidence, and really take off.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I'm guessing Omaha has spent time with ISU's sports psychologist like so many of our athletes. If not, it seems like he could really benefit by doing so. He's so gifted physically, I just think his biggest challenge is between his ears. I think he wants it so badly it hurts his play. One of these days, he's going to relax, get some confidence, and really take off.

I thought against Baylor he started to look more comfortable last weekend.