Omaha as an NCAA site

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
After attending the BIG 12 tournament in KC, Omaha’s arena handling of the tournament was underwhelming, to say the least. No signs inside and 4 ticket scanners, showed a complete lack of preparation. Friendly enough, but where were seat locations and restrooms were high school size.

• Agree
Reactions: Lineup

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
That outdoor arena area by Beer Can Alley/Marriott was run horribly. What has the great potential to be used during the tourney (mini P&L), at least have someone serve beer or food outside.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
After attending the BIG 12 tournament in KC, Omaha’s arena handling of the tournament was underwhelming, to say the least. No signs inside and 4 ticket scanners, showed a complete lack of preparation. Friendly enough, but where were seat locations and restrooms were high school size.
You understand there were multiple entry points right? I went in through the Convention Center and had zero issues.
The parking situation was great also, got there around 1030 and had no problems, drove right out of Lot D after the last game with no wait at all.

I donr understand what you mean by signs and seat locations?

I've been to both and I actually thought Omaha was better. The arena is nicer, the parking is alot better, there's more to do downtown.

The only complaints I had were they should haven opened the convention center and had some Tvs open between games. I felt like you were isolated from other games going on except for the occasional "live look in".

The food options were pretty bad also and if you got hungry all day the only options were pretty much junk food.

Overall I thought it was better than Des Moines.

Reactions: I@ST1 and StClone

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
I don't know who runs the Capital District but if it wasn't for the We Will collective, this board, and our fans, that place would have been ghost town.
Such a missed opportunity us that space effectively.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Whoever designed the upper deck concourse should be shot.

I was especially “impressed” by the genius who put the alcohol ID check table across from a concession area at the narrowest point in the concourse.

• Agree
Reactions: magilljl and cydsho

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
My bad, you’re right. I was just looking at that the other day. Not sure what I was thinking
It's all good. The only reason I even know this is becuase me and a couple of buddies were talking about going next and the closest is Wichita in 2025.

HoopsTournament

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
www.hoopstournament.net
That outdoor arena area by Beer Can Alley/Marriott was run horribly. What has the great potential to be used during the tourney (mini P&L), at least have someone serve beer or food outside.
The whole area was horrible. A bunch of restaurants were closed. Not even close to Power & Light.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Going to have to say the place I went to before the game for sushi was a 10. Best sushi roll after a few beers in my lifetime

• Informative
Reactions: Candide

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Going to have to say the place I went to before the game for sushi was a 10. Best sushi roll after a few beers in my lifetime

Was that the place “Akarui” on the SW corner of the Capital District? Had to be accessed from the street or through a doorway in the pavilion.

I’ve gotten carry out there twice and brought it over to BCA or Annie’s. Really good stuff.

• Agree
Reactions: chadly82